187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

IELTS is a time of application requirement. PCCs and medicals are time of decision and before the visa is granted (not after), COs have discretion to extend the visa validation date by a few months to give people time to enter the country.
@Ozmaniac

As I understand it, time of application requirements MUST have been obtained before applying. However, they can still expire after applying and need redoing can't they? Like, medicals and police checks don't need to have been done before applying, however if they have been and expire before the visa is issued, then they have to be redone with ones which are valid.

Is this not the same with the IELTS?

I got this condition with a friend of mine in which his IELTS got expired after few months of applying his visa application. But his CO didn't asked anything. So i think it depends on the CO as well. Then i asked my MA about it as mine is expired as well, he said if by any chance if it gets rejected then you will win it in MRT. But hopefully my CO wont ask my IELTS otherwise few extra months on top of what i got. And there was no legislation when i applied. Hope good for every1!!

I am agree as well as my Ma say as long as ur Ielts valid on time of application

I got this condition with a friend of mine in which his IELTS got expired after few months of applying his visa application. But his CO didn't asked anything. So i think it depends on the CO as well. Then i asked my MA about it as mine is expired as well, he said if by any chance if it gets rejected then you will win it in MRT. But hopefully my CO wont ask my IELTS otherwise few extra months on top of what i got. And there was no legislation when i applied. Hope good for every1!!

@Ozmaniac

As I understand it, time of application requirements MUST have been obtained before applying. However, they can still expire after applying and need redoing can't they? Like, medicals and police checks don't need to have been done before applying, however if they have been and expire before the visa is issued, then they have to be redone with ones which are valid.

Is this not the same with the IELTS?

Time of application requirements MUST be met before applying and they don't change after the application - IELTS results don't expire, you don't lose points because you have a birthday and it doesn't matter if you turn 50 during processing. Medicals and PCCs are different - they must still be valid when the first entry is made to validate the visa unless the CO has allowed an extension of a few months before the visa is granted.

It will only be shown on your nomination, visa application approval letter or document request letter when they are proceeding your file.. I guess

Ā 

excuse me, mate.

Ā 

how do u know which office processing your case?

Ā 

I've checked my lodge application confirm letter, and can't find any sign of place of the office.

I applied on 8th October & haven't heard anything yet . My MA told me they are still processing applications that were lodged in end of september.

Any1 here in this thread have applied there visa in the month of Oct end or starting of Nov?? Coz cant see anybody updating there process or anything exciting happning...wait is killing me now as i applied in the month of Nov...

I applied on 8th October & haven't heard anything yet . My MA told me they are still processing applications that were lodged in end of september.

Ā 

Ā 

hi ,

i have applied for visa on 20th october 2014 i also have not heard any thing till now , though my nomination was approved on 3 of feb ,

my processing center is in sydney job in perth,

Edited by suman

Hi I am the one who lodged the visa application on 24 Nov 2015.

Ā 

The IMMI website shows the " Processing - Please wait for the department to contact you"

Ā 

Does it mean they are viewing my application and I should hear something soon ?

Ā 

Or everyone's status are the same ?

Ā 

Thanks

Hi I am the one who lodged the visa application on 24 Nov 2015.

Ā 

The IMMI website shows the " Processing - Please wait for the department to contact you"

Ā 

Does it mean they are viewing my application and I should hear something soon ?

Ā 

Or everyone's status are the same ?

Ā 

Thanks

Its just a status that shows in everyone's application. And i lodged my application on 14th Nov.

Hey singh

Ā 

Can you please tell me what kinda additional documents they asked for? in my friends case they approved his visa just after few days of getting additional documents. It all depends on the case officer now a days.

Ā 

Medical and partner ielts . All submitted next day but still waiting