Applying for visa while planning a wedding

DJUKI

Hi all,

I'm planing to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) and I'm planing to include my partner in my application.
I'm in a de facto relationship for 8 years (I can provide evidence if necessary) and I'm engaged to be married (wedding date is set for the June 9th 2018.) The change from de facto to married won't have any effect on the points awarded for the visa application.
I'm planing to lodge my EOI by the end of the year.
What would be the wisest course of action regarding the change of our relationship status and the change of my future wives last name that will happen with the wedding?
I know I can change my EOI before I am invited to apply. After I'm invited I have 60 days to apply and during that period no changes are allowed.
Are changes allowed after the aplication for the visa has been lodged?

Please feel free to ask if I left anything out.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Dario

• 2 weeks later...

If you can prove 8'years de facto it doesn't matter whether you are married or not. If you do marry, send the marriage certificate to DIBP. Your wife does not have to change her name, but if she chooses to, and gets a new passport, then those details also need to be sent to DIBP. 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Just to make sure.

I lodge my EOI - changes are allowed until i get invited

I get invited and have 60 days to aplly - NO changes allowed until I apply for the visa

I apply for the visa - changes are allowed

Since there is no way of knowing the exact timeline of the application there is a possibility that the wedding happens during the "no change period" between Invitation and Application. In that case I should apply with my old status and then change the status once I apply?

Thanky you once again.

Kind regards