EOI - query re allocated points

andana

Hi all,

Hope someone can help :)

My and my partner are just about to submit EOI (visa 198 - joiner) but just a bit confused about the points we got when we filled it. We filled in all required information and all that is left now is to submit it. However, I wanted to check first, if we provided the right information.

The system calculated that my partner has 70 points ( age  - 30, English - 20, qualifications - 10 and work experience - 10) but...

He is a joiner and did skills assessment with ACTS, we provided evidence for 7 y and 10 m, which they confirmed, but they also said that 3 years of experience will be taken off as he has NVQ L2 and did not do 3 years of his apprenticeship. They said we should be claiming only 5 points for experience and not 10 ( as 7y and 10 m minus 3 y will take it down to 4 y). This still gives us 65 points which is over the threshold  but the systems calculates the points itself and shows he has 70. We don't want to over claim points, but not sure what info to provide. How does it work? If we give less info on his work experience  to get 65 points and they take away 3 y then we wont get any points for experience. Would someone be able to help?

Also, re qualifications - ACTS assessed his qualifications and he got a Certificate III in Joinery  - just to double check - in EOI we added this under Education History and NVQ2 qualification under -  'An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation'.  Is this right?

sorry if those are daft questions, I know its only EOI so should be straight forward, but just want to make sure we do this right ...

Thanks in advance!

Aldona :)

On 30/09/2017 at 15:59, wrussell said:

ACTS does not undertake skills assessments.

If you are not clear, I suggest that you let a registered migration agent review your skills assessment letter.

Thanks for your comment ... ah sorry if I wasn't clear ...the assessment was done by the down under center ... but the certificate was issued by Acts. 

I just really want to check about the points and if we added correct info to the EOI! 

Thanks a bunch :)