Frankston South High School

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Hi, can anyone give us advice as to what Frankston High School is like. I read reports on the net that this is a top school and comes highly recommended for a public school. Is this so and how easy is it to get your children enrolled ? :unsure:

Frankston High School is considered by lots of people to be the best public school around the area and people actually move to the catchment to get their children into the school as there is very high demand for places. I do not know if you still do but you had to show your rate notice to prove you lived in the catchment. People bought investment properties and lived elsewhere to do this but the school has ways of finding these things out.

I did not try to send my children there because I knew they could not get in as we do not live in the catchment.

You can send you children to any public school as long as there are places available.

Frankston High is considered to be one of the best high schools in Melbourne. It is still very difficult to get your child enrolled there. It is not a problem if you do actually live in the catchment area but houses in these area can be quite pricey - people are prepared to pay a high price just so their kids can go to Frankston High. They do check to see if you live in the catchment and proof is required. They do, however, enrol a limited number of students each year on scholarships. One of the grade 6 students I teach has just completed his academic scholarship entrance exam. There are 4 different categories: academic, gifted and talented, sport and the arts (I think I've got that right). The student has to write a bit about themselves for the academic one, I had to write a reference for my student, he has had an interview and, like I say, he sat an exam in maths and english the other day and had to write an essay as well.

Felicity:cute:

Archived