Submitting my Application..!

KLeanne

Hi All, so it's finally happening, and tomorrow I'll be submitting the form part of my Partner Visa Application..we also finally have all the required evidence (I Hope!) But I'm still confused about the submitting of evidence part..looking for advice! So, here go my questions!...If I scan and send all of my evidence in color copy, does any of it still need to be certified?..Can I scan the actual passport/birth certificate itself, or do I need to photocopy then scan?..Do I send all the scans to an email address/ how is it sent to them? And can I upload the photos I have from my phone, or do I need to print them out? Sorry for the bombarding! Would really appreciate any guidance on this! Thanks [emoji120]

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Colour copies don't need to be certified iirc. Black and white will have to be. 

I didn't lodge online so can't help with the actual process there. Do you have an immi account yet? You would upload your files to that IIRC. 

I'd personally not upload stuff from a phone but sit at a computer and ensure I could work my way round the immi account safely and not risk stuffing anything up or missing things off. Its too important a thing to risk messing up IMHO. Probably someone else will say otherwise and have uploaded files from their phone and that is their choice. I'd just not do it if I were lodging a visa online these days is all. 

I'm assuming its the 309 you are applying for. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-/Partner-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-309)-and-Partner-(Migrant)-visa-(subclass-100)-document-checklist?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/partner/If-you-are-applying-online.aspx

I've applied online recently, so here are answers from my experience.

If I scan and send all of my evidence in color copy, does any of it still need to be certified?

Everything online says that it does not have to be certified if you submit colour scans.  A word of warning, though - my application was submitted via Singapore and the dept there insisted that my 'official' documents (passports, birth certificates etc) were all certified.  I think it was their mis-interpretation of the rules, but hey - like I was going to argue?!  You should be fine with colour scans, I've not seen anyone else have the issue I did.

Can I scan the actual passport/birth certificate itself, or do I need to photocopy then scan?

Can't see what difference it would make.  Scan the document direct into a PC.

Do I send all the scans to an email address/ how is it sent to them?

Log into your immi account and go to the details of your application.  You will see a menu option on the left hand side saying Attach documents. Choose that and you will see a whole list of evidence categories and you need to upload documents against whichever evidence categories apply to you.  Be aware - I don't think it's hard, but it's very fiddly and very time consuming.  I ended up with a separate checklist on my PC which lists all the evidence types, the title of the document I had for each and the upload status.  It took me another 3 weeks of work (working an hour or so a night) after lodging before I really got everything uploaded.  Treat it like the most important job interview of your life and be as organised as you can :) .

And can I upload the photos I have from my phone, or do I need to print them out?

I would upload them to a PC and store/organise them first, to be honest.  I also don't know what access to your immi account is like from a phone, I never tried.  Don't underestimate how long and fiddly the job is.  

One more thing - make sure you check what is required before you start.  Once you have lodged your application online, you can't review it and there are bits of information on the application form that you will need again.  An example from my own - you have to fill in all the travel you've done in the last 10 years (a LOT in my case).  I entered it directly online as I worked it out.  Then later I found that the exact same info was needed somewhere else and of course I hadn't written down what I'd entered.  I had to go through the same process again, and hope that I got the same results!

Good luck!

• Like 1

You haven't (explicitly) mentioned whether you are applying online via ImmiAccount, or doing a paper application
All my responses below are based on the assumption that you are doing it online using ImmiAccount

But I'm still confused about the submitting of evidence part..looking for advice!
I recommend you reading the Partner Visa Upload Guide for guidance on the experience after submitting your application and categorising your evidence for upload

If I scan and send all of my evidence in color copy, does any of it still need to be certified?
Form888s still need to be certified
Black & white documents need to be certified
All other documents can just be colour scanned

Can I scan the actual passport/birth certificate itself, or do I need to photocopy then scan?
Do a colour scan of your passport
Do a colour scan of your birth certificate

After submitting the application - it takes you to a payment page where you enter your credit/debit card information
After submitting the payment - it takes you to a page where it confirm payment has been completed
The next page after this confirmation is the evidence upload area

can I upload the photos I have from my phone, or do I need to print them out?
It is highly recommended that you use a laptop or a desktop to get this done
For photographs, it is recommended that you create a Word document with a table (2 columns, 4-5 rows per page)
Within each cell put 1 photo
Print the document off to pdf
You only have 120 upload slots (60 for the applicant, 60 for the sponsor). Uploading 1 pdf file with 30 images within it is a much better way of using those slots

Edited by lilpenguinlost
typo

I've applied online recently, so here are answers from my experience.
Everything online says that it does not have to be certified if you submit colour scans.  A word of warning, though - my application was submitted via Singapore and the dept there insisted that my 'official' documents (passports, birth certificates etc) were all certified.  I think it was their mis-interpretation of the rules, but hey - like I was going to argue?!  You should be fine with colour scans, I've not seen anyone else have the issue I did.
Can't see what difference it would make.  Scan the document direct into a PC.
Log into your immi account and go to the details of your application.  You will see a menu option on the left hand side saying Attach documents. Choose that and you will see a whole list of evidence categories and you need to upload documents against whichever evidence categories apply to you.  Be aware - I don't think it's hard, but it's very fiddly and very time consuming.  I ended up with a separate checklist on my PC which lists all the evidence types, the title of the document I had for each and the upload status.  It took me another 3 weeks of work (working an hour or so a night) after lodging before I really got everything uploaded.  Treat it like the most important job interview of your life and be as organised as you can [emoji4] .
And can I upload the photos I have from my phone, or do I need to print them out?
I would upload them to a PC and store/organise them first, to be honest.  I also don't know what access to your immi account is like from a phone, I never tried.  Don't underestimate how long and fiddly the job is.  
One more thing - make sure you check what is required before you start.  Once you have lodged your application online, you can't review it and there are bits of information on the application form that you will need again.  An example from my own - you have to fill in all the travel you've done in the last 10 years (a LOT in my case).  I entered it directly online as I worked it out.  Then later I found that the exact same info was needed somewhere else and of course I hadn't written down what I'd entered.  I had to go through the same process again, and hope that I got the same results!

Good luck!

Thank you! As for travel..I can't for the life of me remember what dates I departed and returned for 2 of the holidays I have in the past 10 years! What do you think I should do? Cannot get through to Australia House for the life of me!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app