'Certified transcripts of quals'. What do they mean?

Guest junan70

Guest junan70

Hi

Need help!

I want to apply for a 2 year TAFE course. On the application form, they have asked that I send certified transcripts of my qualifications. Transcripts? and certified by who?? They also want certified copies of graduation certificates. Degree? A'Levels?

Anyone been through this and can help?

Jo

:unsure:

Guest cantwait
Hi

Need help!

I want to apply for a 2 year TAFE course. On the application form, they have asked that I send certified transcripts of my qualifications. Transcripts? and certified by who?? They also want certified copies of graduation certificates. Degree? A'Levels?

Anyone been through this and can help?

Jo

:unsure:

Hi Jo

First of all, to get a document certified, take the original document and a photocopy of it to a solicitor and they will stamp it with a stamp that say 'this is a true likeness........etcetc' or something along those lines and the solicitor has to sign his name on the document.

A certified transcript of your quailification is basically a list of the subjects that the course you took was made up of. You may have this already or you may have to get one from the college/training provider you took the course with. It needs to be on their letterhead. Then you need to get it certified as above.

I hope this helps.

Karen

X

Guest junan70

Thanks Karen

I'm assuming they only need my degree?? Hopefully they don't need transcripts of all my A'Levels and stuff!!

Jo

Hi Junan,

As explained by others, certified copies of originals, some TAFEs accept locked .pdf files also. I would suggest your highest and or most recent qualification would be enough i.e. diploma/award or letter confirming award. There should be no need for subject transcripts unless you are applying for RPL. Cheers Andrew

I applied at Uni here, and they only needed the transcript from my degree, which I didn't have. They said that if I rang my old Uni (Manchester Met) and asked them to fax a copy to them that would be okay, as it came from them direct. The uni were great, faxed a copy to QTAC (will be different gov. body for TAFE), and they sent me a copy too. May be different criteria, but hopefully your old Uni can get you what you need.

Jo x

Guest junan70

Thanks for the posts, much appreciated.

How did/is everyone getting on with their studies and trying to survive in aus at the same time??

Thanks for the posts, much appreciated.

How did/is everyone getting on with their studies and trying to survive in aus at the same time??

Didn't go, as my baby wouldn 't settle at kindy! Maybe try again next year. Good luck with your application,

Jo x

Guest junan70

Ok....I'm getting conflicting advice on who needs to do the certifying from various people. Will a solicitor do? Or does it have to be a JP as an emmirge mate of mine insists??

Guest cantwait
Ok....I'm getting conflicting advice on who needs to do the certifying from various people. Will a solicitor do? Or does it have to be a JP as an emmirge mate of mine insists??

Hi

Definately a solicitor can do the job. We had a solicitor do ours. Just make sure he signs with a 'legible' signature and signs his own name, not the company.

Karen

Guest junan70

That's brilliant Karen thanks!

I graduated in 1996, I'd better go find all my bits and pieces!

:huh:

Archived