Visa worries

Pwood

So new updated list is out. Floor finisher didnt go back on ?. We went as a family in feb, met a guy who wanted to sponsor paul and he asked paul to go over in june and he booked flights and accommodation etc for him. But then in april we got took off the list...

So paul went in june so he coukd see the  work they do and offer advise as to how he'd fit it and tell them what materials etc he'd use so kind of a 2 week job interview. 

Just thinking we're going to have to look at what other things you need for other visas. He fits saftey flooring, carpets, karndean and has done wood flooring too plus all the sub floor things.

Ive not worked since having the kids. We sold our flooring company when number 2 baby came along but at the minute i do photography and trying to build work up doing that. I always worked in retail before this. 

Just hard knowing a company wants him. He wants to work for them and will even be training people eventually if we get there,  but at the min we cant go. Is there any point in calling a few migration people? If so can anyone recommend who could deal with a funny situation? Ove always believed in where theres a will theres a way but pauls creeping up in age (hes 43) we want to be there asap lol 

Thanks for reading this huge post. Your all fab! 

Tricia x 

Unfortunately if he doesn't have a skill set which is on the list then all else is irrelevant, you may never get there, them's the breaks. But it never hurts to seek professional advice because there may be something he fits into but I wouldn't be holding my breath now that the age limit has been lowered to 45

I know...its just a nightmare. Fingers crossed he fits some other trade. Maybe joiner as wood floors or floor tiler as karndean is classed as a luxury vinyl tile. Either that or im gonna have to get my butt back to work (im 2 years younger) and see what i can pull out the bag. 

Cheers 

Just looking at musician..hes a singer guitarist too and did sound etc at college. He still gigs every weekend on his own in rock bars lol and in a tribute band doing the festivals etc. Trying ro look at every option lol

I think you need proffessional advice, but I would wait a week or two until all the new regs are known and understood. But, I do think you are clutching at straws. 

Though, I believe you were looking at a 457 visa, that would only have meant a few years in Australia anyway. It is what it says Temporary and with no automatic path to anything else. 

• Like 1

Think ill call some people in a few weeks like you said. 

We obviously would like to move for good but id take a few years over nothing plus they do change things all the time. Just getting to the point where id reather say we tried than regretting things later so even a few yeara would be good i guess. Fingers crossed we find a way.

Thanks for replying