Good Films-what is worth going to see?

starlight7

At Christmas we were given some free cinema tickets to be used within 12 months.  I haven't seen a single film that I would want to sit through so far this year.  Any suggestions?  We like drama, historical stuff, true life things etc.  Hate cartoons, sci-fi or anything to do with boring car chases.

I loved Wonder Woman. Set in WW1. Might not appeal though. It's very well done. 

Loved Hidden Figures but that is out on DVD now. 

Dunkirk may appeal? Trailers were hard hitting. Out soon. It's on our to see list. 

Also check your local Arthouse cinema or large multiplex for specials like plays, operas etc being screened. We often see older films being re run for a short time during a season theme or some such. 

A friend recently saw Viceroy's House and raved about it so much it's at the top of my list of movies to see.

It's a British/Indian film about partition with Hugh Bonneville.

Edited to add 'Churchill' and 'My Cousin Rachel' are also on my list of films to see. I too like drama/historical stuff - preferably British.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

We like drama, historical stuff, true life things etc. 

True life:  "Lion", the true story of a young boy lost in India, sent to an orphanage, adopted  to Australia ....and his search, as an adult, to find his village and family.

• Like 1