my qualification recognition in Australia

I'm from Ireland , I qualified with a diploma in science in 2003 .This is a level 7 qualification on the NFQ and was a 1 year add on having previously completed a 2 year level 6 certificate in science . The title of the level 7 diploma has changed to ordinary degree in science but its not superior since they are both level 7 qualifications .I would be eligible to enter a 1 years add on honours degree program in science with my diploma . It seems in Australia a diploma which is level 5 on the AFQ is a pre 3rd level award. How do I convince the assessing authority that my diploma took 3 years of full time study and is the equivalent to a bachelors degree .I suppose the main question is if the NFQ is Ireland is a mirror for the AQF in Australia 

http://www.nfq-qqi.com/index.html
https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-qualifications

Retyping above post for more clarity

I am trying to make the move to Australia. The visa that seems to best suit me is the Nominated Skilled migration Visa Subclass 190. A prerequisite to  apply for this is a Bachelors Degree. As per the Australian Qualification Framework(AFQ) it  seems a level 7 bachelors is the minimum that's required. Ireland  has something similar to the AFQ in the form of the National Framework of Qualifications(NFQ). and on that the minimum for a bachelors is a level 7 Ordinary Degree. I qualified with a level 7 Diploma 2003 and this qualification transitioned from the Diploma to the Ordinary Degree a number of years ago.However just because the wording has changed from Diploma to Ordinary Degree it is not a superior qualification since they are both considered level 7 as per the NFQ and I would be eligible to enter 1 years honors degree level 8 program with my diploma so if it was in anyway inferior to the ordinary Degree I would not be able to do this. I suppose the main question is if the AFQ is a mirror for the NFQ? If it is I should be okay but I am concerned because of the wording of Diploma. On the AQF a Diploma is level 5 which is pre 3rd level education as in leaving cert over there. Would appreciate opinions

https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-qualifications

http://www.nfq-qqi.com/index.html

Edited by GeorgeStobort

AFAIK, Australia's assessing authorities make use of CEP (Country Education Profiles) to compare different country's qualification against their own. In Australia, 3-4 years programs are considered as Degree and if in CEP system, Ireland's NFQ is equivalent to AFQ then title of the certificate will not matter.

Just to understand what CEP looks like, see attachment (example of how Kyrgyzstan education profile is mapped against Australia's)

ceep.jpg

The visa that seems to best suit me is the Nominated Skilled migration Visa Subclass 190. A prerequisite to  apply for this is a Bachelors Degree. As per the Australian Qualification Framework(AFQ) it  seems a level 7 bachelors is the minimum that's required. 

The academic level required depends on the criteria of the relvant assessmng authority  for skilled occupation nominated.

Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)

U.K. Qualification Level (NVQ & GNVQ)

Certificate I

Certificate II

NVQ 1/GNVQ Foundation

Certificate III

NVQ 2/GNVQ Intermediate

Certificate IV

Graduate Certificate

Equivalent

Diploma

NVQ 3/Higher National Certificate

Advanced Diploma

NVQ 4/Higher National Diploma

Graduate Diploma

NVQ 4

Bachelor Degree

Equivalent

Masters Degree

Equivalent

Doctoral Degree

Equivalent

Edited by wrussell

17 hours ago, iRuleU said:

AFAIK, Australia's assessing authorities make use of CEP (Country Education Profiles) to compare different country's qualification against their own. In Australia, 3-4 years programs are considered as Degree and if in CEP system, Ireland's NFQ is equivalent to AFQ then title of the certificate will not matter.

Just to understand what CEP looks like, see attachment (example of how Kyrgyzstan education profile is mapped against Australia's)

ceep.jpg

Thanks for that . I tried looking for the Irish equivalent but its costs 456 dollars . My qualification took 3 years fulltime collage study and is level 7 on the NFQ . Do you think it will be seen equivalent to the AFQ level bachelors 

With the greatest respect, Mr Stobart/whateveryourrealnameis

You are going round in circles (on I think at least 2 forums) asking about specific details that people will not be able to answer.

You need a good agent., Plenty recommended on the forums, it shouldn't be too hard to find one. But that is the only way you will get the answers you are seeking.You have an unusual skill, an unusual background,

Get professional advice. Please. 

Edited by Nemesis