Car for sale, MAZDA 6 Wagon

Gareth 666

Hi, we're selling our Mazda 6 wagon as we're returning to the UK. It's a MY2011 model, 84k kms with all major services completed at Mazda main dealers. It's in good condition, metallic silver/grey, 2 owners from new, 2.2 turbo Diesel engine and 6 speed manual gearbox, ideal for those Poms used to three pedals!!! Dual zone climate control, there was a compressor fault and we had it replaced last November. The aircon gas was re-filled at the same time. Automatic headlights and front wipers, Bluetooth stereo connections for smart phones to play music or take calls hands free. Auxiliary power points (lighter socket style) in the front, centre console and luggage area, ideal for keeping the kids electronics charged on the road and a powered esky for your picnic. Hayman Reese towball fitted to pull our caravan, 12 pin flat electrics but only the top 7 connected for lights. Very versatile, with the back seats down you can get an awful lot in the back. Very economical, we average around 7l per 100km driving around day to day and even pulling the caravan down from QLD we only averaged 9.5. It's a great car and if we were staying we'd keep it for years. Ideally we'd like to keep hold of it until we leave mid July as it's our only car but if someone wants it sooner then we'd have to find a solution. $15000, negotiable if we can keep it until we go.

Thanks

Gareth

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh @Gareth 666 I'm sorry to hear you are heading back. Remember the first 6 months most of us wanted to go back. Have you considered other states? Personally I wouldn't be able to go back to Melbourne. I love Queensland and WA and even the NT.

There's a few reasons we're making the long trip back. We started in QLD on the Sunshine Coast and various factors didn't work and within 3 months I had a job offer in Melbourne so we had our belongings repacked in a container as they'd just cleared customs and had them moved on down. Those first 3 months were the most stressful of our lives.
Melbourne is great, love the city and where we live. Work is good but it's only me working. OH has tried and tried but can't get a foot on the job ladder. DD has just 17 and has a few friends but has wanted to go 'home' for ages. DS is more settled but we don't feel he's being pushed at school and don't think his education will be as good as the grammar school in the UK. Cost of living has a bearing on the decision, we can't see a point where we'd have a property of our own the way the house prices have gone and renting isn't in our blood. My big sister back home had a really serious illness and spent 15 weeks in hospital and she's still a long way from being recovered, things like that make you realise how far away you are and how little you can do. If we'd been here maybe even 2 years earlier and made the move straight to Vic then I think it might be a different story.

Archived