Are sponsors no longer required to provide financial evidence?

I'm in the process of attaching documents to my sponsorship application for my fiance's Prospective Marriage visa and it doesn't ask for any evidence pertaining to my source of income. I am currently a full-time student so I had planned to upload an income statement from Centrelink. 

Other documents I have provided include my birth certificate, passport, passport photos, medicare card, personal statement, photo of applicant, and evidence of my address (phone bill).

Can anyone please tell me what documents they provided as a sponsor? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

17 minutes ago, appletwist said:

I'm in the process of attaching documents to my sponsorship application for my fiance's Prospective Marriage visa and it doesn't ask for any evidence pertaining to my source of income. I am currently a full-time student so I had planned to upload an income statement from Centrelink. 

Other documents I have provided include my birth certificate, passport, passport photos, medicare card, personal statement, photo of applicant, and evidence of my address (phone bill).

Can anyone please tell me what documents they provided as a sponsor? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Years ago they used to want proof of the sponsor's income, but that stopped a while back. Now if they want it, they'll ask for it as extra info. 

Just now, Nemesis said:

Years ago they used to want proof of the sponsor's income, but that stopped a while back. Now if they want it, they'll ask for it as extra info. 

Thanks for your reply. I remember looking at the sponsorship forms a few years ago and they did ask about income, employment, and the type of dwelling you lived in (number of bedrooms, etc.) so that's why I was confused.

We didn't provide any information about this however had info ready if requested. Did upload cv however to show great deal of experience in a particular career that attracted a certain level of salary. Obviously doesn't mean job would be a certainty however just to show if role was secured in this field would be suitable for providing for applicant.

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

We didn't provide any information about this however had info ready if requested. Did upload cv however to show great deal of experience in a particular career that attracted a certain level of salary. Obviously doesn't mean job would be a certainty however just to show if role was secured in this field would be suitable for providing for applicant.

Thanks Ozzie.

15 hours ago, vickyplum said:

I vaguely remember on the form that the sponsor completes, there's a statement they need to write / agree agree to, regarding financial support 

I think this is more regarding actualproof of financial support. Back in the day the sponsor was required to provide proof (employers letter or grou certificate) of a steady income, over a certain amount p.a. as part of the application. Now they just have to state that they will support their spouse, no proof requuired.

• 1 month later...