Health?police checks

NikkiC

Hi, I am going to apply for my husbands partner visa soon and I can't seem to find any definite details about if the police and health checks should be submitted with the application. Some say to submit it with it and others say they will ask you for it after you have applied?

Also, I am applying by post and it seems I can't pay the visa fee by cheque or debit card??!! So how do I pay?!

I have tried calling Oz Embassy in London- just on hold forever!! :(

Any help appreciated! 

What wrussell has said. 

Your husband should apply online if he is able and you should wait till your CO asks you to undertake the medical and provide the police check. 

You need to refer to the Aus High Commission website for all the info if he is submitting a paper application. It covers fees and also how to submit a paper application properly (ie only registered post, not courier iirc). 

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_fees.html

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_visa_info.html

It is perfectly possible to submit your medical and police check straight away. Some argue having a complete application straight from the go can speed up the process. The reason others prefer to wait until requested by their CO is that the medical & PCC are only valid for a year, so with processing times taking longer and longer it is well possible they will expire before the grant, leaving the applicant to do (and pay for) them all over again. 

In short, both are technically possible and it is up to you. We waited until asked and the visa was granted about a  month after submitting them, so I don't feel like frontloading would have significantly sped up things.

So much easier to apply on line and then upload docs etc that way. Some wait for CO contact and others front load. I don't know whether one is better than other. I waited for contact from CO,  and my application took 12 weeks from submission to grant. 

Good luck!

If you have already submitted your application it won't hurt to submit both checks 3-6 months into the process. We submitted ours two months after putting in the application and received our partner visa in just under 4 months (no contact from a CO at all). Every case is different however and you do need to bear in mind the checks are only valid for a year. We booked the examination in advance (as far as was allowed and just went for it).

I also second, third? the suggestion to apply online. We found this a heck of a lot easier - ie you can add to the application as you go and it's much easier to check status and progress. Also we didn't submit a second lot of written statements from myself and OH - we supplied a lot of in depth information online on our application and this seemed to be enough for the CO.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently in process of getting (Hopefully!!!) a partner visa. I submitted all docs then got assigned a case officer. She then asked me for other docs such as police checks etc. Already had my medical booked which I had a few days ago. The hospitals are all online but there is only 1 per region.

:)

Archived