Melbourne schools question?

Guest The Terry Family

Guest The Terry Family

Hi just wondered if anyone can help. We are coming to melbourne in august on a student visa. We have secured junior school places for our two school age children at Oakleigh South Primary school, and are just waiting for the invoice to pay the school fees. I know on a normal basis you have to live in catchment areas for school but as we are having to pay school fees, would that still apply to us?

Also my eldest will be going to secondary school in January so will only have one term there, does anybody have any recommendations for good secondary schools? I have been recommended South Oakleigh secondary college by vic education dept, however am also not sure how expensive Oakleigh will be to rent a house in hence the question re catchment areas!

Hope that makes sense to someone!

Thanks Annabel:wideeyed:

If on student visa catchment areas are not an issue.

Oakleigh and any other school in the area would be quite good quality.

Issue as you said is cost of housing....much more economic further out eastern and south eastern suburbs, or northern and western.

Inner eastern are quite expensive especilly as you move closer to the city.....

Cheers Andrew

Guest The Terry Family

Hi

Thanks very much for the info could you tell me what areas south and south east would be cheaper to look in and if that would be feasible for school commute as having to look into secondary schools too but don't want to commit until know how good & also reasonable areas are!

Thanks Annabel

Archived