Form 80 added to document checklist for PMV

I've just noticed that the Prospective Marriage visa page has been updated and under 'follow these steps', it gives you a list of required documents. It's different to the previous checklist as it now includes form 80. Does anyone know if we now have to provide form 80 for the PMV or is it only when they request it? I'm getting so confused as we thought we had everything we needed and now we find out about form 80.

50 minutes ago, appletwist said:

I've just noticed that the Prospective Marriage visa page has been updated and under 'follow these steps', it gives you a list of required documents. It's different to the previous checklist as it now includes form 80. Does anyone know if we now have to provide form 80 for the PMV or is it only when they request it? I'm getting so confused as we thought we had everything we needed and now we find out about form 80.

Form 80 has always been a possible for the PMV. In fact when I applied 20 years ago it was on the list of essential documents and was always needed. If its now on the required list again I would provide it.

• Like 2

I applied for a PMV and although form 80 wasn't in the original list of documents, it was later requested along with the medical & police clearances, so I agree you should fill & send it to avoid delays. The most daunting part is the travel history (if you've travelled a lot in the past 10 years) but otherwise it's straightforward, it just takes time :)