Tricky 457 to 186 Question ?

hi all,

bit stumped what to do next just looking for opinions

my company sponsored me on a 457 in 2013

in 2015, after over 2 years working with them on the 457, we started the application for transition to 186 with a nomination for 186

we were told to withdraw the nomination application because due to the company changing to a PTY and a new ABN, they had to go to the 457 department and get approved to be a sponsor first.

So, recently they have been approved to be a sponsor, but as my 457 was running out, I completed a 186 visa application online using the reference from the withdrawn nomination application

so basically, i wondering peoples opinions...should i have to withdraw my 186 application and apply for a 457 and then restart the 186 from scratch(dont really want to go down the 457 route) 

or i shouldnt need a 457 again and just explain the situation and get the 186 back on track if possible

thanks in advance

Nah, when you lodge your 186 application, you will be able to apply for a Bridging Visa A (Google for it), which will allow you to stay in Australia until you get an outcome on your 186.

If you need to travel while waiting for 186 to be finalised, you will need to apply for Bridging Visa B

Good luck!

thanks david but i think you misunderstood a bit.

i know about the BVA and BVB. im the on BVA now while my 186 application is being processed.

what im asking is before i contact immigration again, explaining everything, 

will i have to withdraw the application and get a 457 or will they just proceed with the 186 after i inform them that the company can just lodge a new nomination or re-instate the withdrawn one

thanks

[Disclaimer] Don't get this as an official answer.

I believe you don't have to withdraw your 186.

When I applied for my 457 back in 2013, my employer's sponsorship status expired before my case was assigned a Case Officer. When I've got a CO, she just asked my employer to submit a new Sponsorship Application,and somehow she mapped that new Sponsorship application to my 457 visa. My employer's sponsorship and my 457 Visa were approved on the same day back in 2013. I applied for 186 Direct Entry only 5 months after my 457, on the same sponsorship status.

18 hours ago, dazgib said:

hi all,

in 2015, after over 2 years working with them on the 457, we started the application for transition to 186 with a nomination for 186

we were told to withdraw the nomination application because due to the company changing to a PTY and a new ABN, they had to go to the 457 department and get approved to be a sponsor first.

So, recently they have been approved to be a sponsor, but as my 457 was running out, I completed a 186 visa application online using the reference from the withdrawn nomination application

so basically, i wondering peoples opinions...should i have to withdraw my 186 application and apply for a 457 and then restart the 186 from scratch(dont really want to go down the 457 route) 

or i shouldnt need a 457 again and just explain the situation and get the 186 back on track if possible

thanks in advance

Hi, I would speak to a registered migrant agent for advice. However the 457 visa was abolished last month and replaced with a more stricter temporary visa so you you may want to take a look at this https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/457-abolition-replacement.

Edited by DeeTowers
typo

On 5/1/2017 at 7:18 PM, dazgib said:

hi all,

thanks in advance

If you are applying under the Temporary Residence Transitional pathway, you can not meet the requirements for the 186 if the ABN has changed and you have not transferred your subclass 457 visa to the new entity. If the nomination for the 186 has been withdrawn then the visa application has no chance of success.

You should consult with a Registered Migration  Agent as you are wasting a lot of money and jeopardizing your visa status.