Age Visa

You can keep up to date with processing times and find some moral support and helpful suggestions from others in the same boat by joining in with this thread:   

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/50481-the-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread/?page=518

You can also get latest processing times by sending a blank email to parents@border.gov.au, putting Test as the subject of the email.  Currently, 75% of 143 applications are processed within 33 months, and 90% within 34 months.  

You can keep up to date with processing times and find some moral support and helpful suggestions from others in the same boat by joining in with this thread:   
https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/50481-the-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread/?page=518
You can also get latest processing times by sending a blank email to parents@border.gov.au, putting Test as the subject of the email.  Currently, 75% of 143 applications are processed within 33 months, and 90% within 34 months.  

Thanks. They quote 75% processed within 33 months. It's hard to read into that. It could be interpreted as any time within that time scale!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

The bond is dealt with by Centrelink as opposed to the Department of Immigration, but when you're approaching the time when this is likely to be required the Department will inform you or your agent to apply for it.  At that stage, your daughter will contact Centrelink, fill in their application form to be your Assurer, and attach all the documentation they require from an Assurer.  They will acknowledge it and at some stage ask her to contact them to arrange an interview.  If they accept her, they will then ask her to lodge the bond - this involves getting a bank cheque from her bank which is then taken to the Commonwealth Bank and a special account opened.  The acknowledgment/receipt provided by Commonwealth Bank is then taken to Centrelink, who will approve everything and forward it to the Department of Immigration.  It will then be a question of waiting for Immigration to request the second visa application charge to be lodged with them, and after that ... visa grant ... and after that ... celebration time!  Hope this helps.  

2 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Blimey! That is complex. It's just a case of going through the process. We are acting without an agent. Daughter double checks everything. We will need to give her the money for the bond!

It's not really complex, it just sounds like it when you start enumerating the steps.  When your daughter comes to do yours, she will find it quite simple really.  The thing you need to have plenty of is ... patience, haha.  

3 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

We had considered trying to change to a contributory aged parent visa since my wife turned 65 but that would mean starting again!

There is another option, which if you read through the final few pages of the Parents thread you can get a flavour of.  Some of the members there are going to go to Australia and wait there for the visa to be granted.  I had thought of it myself but I'm one of those OCD people who just likes to get all the loose ends tied up.  If you do go on a long visitor visa, you would have to leave Australia at least for a short while when your visa is about to be granted, as the 143 will only be granted when you are offshore.  

Yes, I'd seen that. The problem with is is our blind Springer of 12 years who is going to have to be put to sleep on the autumn. We also need to sell the house. 

Then we have Nicola Sturgeon! She has affected the property market with her neverendum but it looks like she might finally be losing popularity. We just have to hope. 

Like you, we would rather have it all sorted then leave. 

We actually got a reply from a human at immigration on one occasion we emailed. She was able to tell us we could come and go as we pleased for 5 years once we had our visas and then apply for an extension if needed. That is also a relief when there are things to tie up. 

I have the same problem - a 15 year old bearded collie cross.  When I first asked the vet nearly 3 years ago, he said she would be fine for tge journey and quarantine, but now after the long wait she's just not up to it at this age and we will be making a final trip to the vet soon.  I had got her rabies jab done and test confirmed, import licence obtained in readiness ... but it's not going to happen now unfortunately.  The house is almost ready for exchange, I'm hoping the buyer won't want to complete before I get the visa through.  More nail-biting, if that was even possible!   Good luck with yours.  Interesting that you got a reply from Immi!  

It's the third time we got a reply! I think it helped that I put the file number from the receipt on the email. Doesn't work every time. Hope your exchange goes off ok. Keep us posted with your visa progress though! It's encouraging to hear of someone who has reached the end of the road!

• Like 1

On 01/05/2017 at 8:40 AM, Ian Ireland said:

My wife and I have been waiting for a class 143 visa for almost 2 years. When we applied she was not 65. We are now both 65. Does anyone know the waiting time for this subclass?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hoping the new 5yr visa may take some off the 143 list currently 33-34 months processing! 

On 01/05/2017 at 8:40 AM, Ian Ireland said:

Edited by Kathss56