Guest guest36187

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

Edited by AJ_143

3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

Have they asked for the medicals as well - for that they should have given you a HAP ID. Also you should  receive a letter to set up the bond of assurance. We got our CO at the end of October 2016 and were asked for the money the week before Christmas. That is the last thing that happens they are then ready to grant. I you are unsure - email them. I am assuming you are not using an agent.

5 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

cheers

If you have an agent, ask them.  If not, then check your junk email folder to see if anything has gone in there by mistake.  If still nothing, then you should email Immi to check.  Take a look at my timeline, I applied after you.    Form 80, police check, medical, Assurance of Support all done but still no Case Officer.  All these things were asked for by the "Parents team", not a Case Officer, maybe they no longer use individual Case Officers.  But I would expect the medical to have been asked for by now, and Assurance of Support too, so you should chase it up. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a question about AOS. How long does it take to receive acceptance letter from Centrelink after bank guarantee and acknowledgement of term deposit are given to them? Is it sent by post or through gov account?

Thanks

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi guys,

I have a question about AOS. How long does it take to receive acceptance letter from Centrelink after bank guarantee and acknowledgement of term deposit are given to them? Is it sent by post or through gov account?

Thanks

I'm waiting for this too.  Money was lodged and documentary proof given to Centrelink last Friday.   

4 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

I'm waiting for this too.  Money was lodged and documentary proof given to Centrelink last Friday.   

Hi Catlady2014,

I gave all documents to Centrelink last Tuesday 2/5/17 and called AOS centre yesterday but they said it hasn't been finalised.

6 minutes ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi Catlady2014,

I gave all documents to Centrelink last Tuesday 2/5/17 and called AOS centre yesterday but they said it hasn't been finalised.

I understand it's dealt with by a special team at Centrelink and I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a week or so, but fingers crossed ... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

cheers

Hi, Timing is critical for me and when I asked my agent they said that once Case officer is appointed I would have 28 days to complete my Meds and Police check and send them back. Then Immy will respond within 28 days requesting the second vac payment and I have 28 days to pay up ! Sweating now its all getting close for us and just praying house sells and goes through not tooo soon and not too late

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Hi, Timing is critical for me and when I asked my agent they said that once Case officer is appointed I would have 28 days to complete my Meds and Police check and send them back. Then Immy will respond within 28 days requesting the second vac payment and I have 28 days to pay up ! Sweating now its all getting close for us and just praying house sells and goes through not tooo soon and not too late

My buyers are pressing me to complete on 19th May!  That's impossible for me.  Eeeek. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

My buyers are pressing me to complete on 19th May!  That's impossible for me.  Eeeek. 

Oh nooo. Am lucky I have lots of Family I could stay with if need be. Have you anyone or a very good friend lol

surely if they know your circumstances it could be delayed slightly. You never know you might be granted any minute now! :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Oh nooo. Am lucky I have lots of Family I could stay with if need be. Have you anyone or a very good friend lol

surely if they know your circumstances it could be delayed slightly. You never know you might be granted any minute now! :D

Yes, I can stay with my sister if need be.  But I have a get together/goodbye do arranged at my house for 24th May, with some friends arriving from Ireland, Exeter, and Tadcaster!  Also,  Movecube will not ship my stuff without a visa, and I don't expect to get that before July (the 33-month mark), so everything will have to go into storage.  I'm selling the bulk of my furniture and appliances, but that will take time and  I also need to make arrangements for the animals.  I've asked to complete 16th June instead, but no response yet. 

2 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Yes, I can stay with my sister if need be.  But I have a get together/goodbye do arranged at my house for 24th May, with some friends arriving from Ireland, Exeter, and Tadcaster!  Also,  Movecube will not ship my stuff without a visa, and I don't expect to get that before July (the 33-month mark), so everything will have to go into storage.  I'm selling the bulk of my furniture and appliances, but that will take time and  I also need to make arrangements for the animals.  I've asked to complete 16th June instead, but no response yet. 

Good luck with it all then. They won't say no at this late stage in the buying process for sure!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 8CPA said:

Have they asked for the medicals as well - for that they should have given you a HAP ID. Also you should  receive a letter to set up the bond of assurance. We got our CO at the end of October 2016 and were asked for the money the week before Christmas. That is the last thing that happens they are then ready to grant. I you are unsure - email them. I am assuming you are not using an agent.

Hello, Thanks for your reply. Yes Medicals have been done, Assurance of support also done. I think I don't have CO yet, all communication is through PVC email ID (Parent visa Center). I was given 28 days to provide Medical, Assurance of support, form 80 and Police Clearance. I have provided them all and now waiting to hear back from them...

5 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

If you have an agent, ask them.  If not, then check your junk email folder to see if anything has gone in there by mistake.  If still nothing, then you should email Immi to check.  Take a look at my timeline, I applied after you.    Form 80, police check, medical, Assurance of Support all done but still no Case Officer.  All these things were asked for by the "Parents team", not a Case Officer, maybe they no longer use individual Case Officers.  But I would expect the medical to have been asked for by now, and Assurance of Support too, so you should chase it up. 

Thanks for your reply, I didn't use any agent, As you said, all communication is to Parents Visa team and not with Case Officer. I want to know how much time they take from here, so that I can arrange funds accordingly.

5 hours ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

It took me about 1 week after this step. I got it through Gov account ( on the account of person who provided assurance of support)

2 hours ago, gafuk said:

Thanks for your reply. I am in similar condition and trying to gauge how much time it takes from that stage. All the best to you with house sale :)

Edited by AJ_143
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, AJ_143 said:

..l

It took me about 1 week after this step. I got it through Gov account ( on the account of person who provided assurance of support) ...

Oh that's reassuring.  Hopefully, my daughter will also get the Assurance of Support acceptance  letter very soon, as she lodged it all last Friday. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I am very disappointed with this new visa, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would pay $20,000 for a glorified babysitters visa. 

I just hope when this is confirmed, in the budget on the 9th, they don't also cancel any existing visas types.

What is this new visa supposed to replace?

It's unlikely that anyone would leave an existing visa queue for this new visa.

My gut-feeling is this new visa is a replacement for the 103 visa. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I am very disappointed with this new visa, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would pay $20,000 for a glorified babysitters visa. 

I just hope when this is confirmed, in the budget on the 9th, they don't also cancel any existing visas types.

What is this new visa supposed to replace?

It's unlikely that anyone would leave an existing visa queue for this new visa.

My gut-feeling is this new visa is a replacement for the 103 visa. 

Not really replacing anything at the moment I think but would presume 103?

Also I have read if you pay your parent for childminding it is classed as taxable income by that parent

so,how will they work that one out as you are not allowed to "work" lol

also you can stay in 143 visa queue if you wanted to.

Edited by Kathss56

Hi – I’m Paul and this is my first posting although I have been following a lot of the regular postings and appreciate all the comments and advice, it’s been very useful. We applied for our 143 on 1 Oct 2015 and heard nothing since. We were told by our agent that it would be 18 months and he can’t tell us anything further. To be honest I have received a lot more information from this forum than what I’ve had from my agent.  

I see now that the process takes about 33-34 months and the best method of getting to Oz during that time appears to be the 600 visa. This new visa announced now is clearly aimed at Parents who aren’t looking for permanent residency (or are frustrated at the 30 year wait for a 103)  but I can see major issues arising in 10 years’ time when elderly parents have to return home and leave their ‘children’ in Australia.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Hi – I’m Paul and this is my first posting although I have been following a lot of the regular postings and appreciate all the comments and advice, it’s been very useful. We applied for our 143 on 1 Oct 2015 and heard nothing since. We were told by our agent that it would be 18 months and he can’t tell us anything further. To be honest I have received a lot more information from this forum than what I’ve had from my agent.  

I see now that the process takes about 33-34 months and the best method of getting to Oz during that time appears to be the 600 visa. This new visa announced now is clearly aimed at Parents who aren’t looking for permanent residency (or are frustrated at the 30 year wait for a 103)  but I can see major issues arising in 10 years’ time when elderly parents have to return home and leave their ‘children’ in Australia.

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

4 minutes ago, clarkesville1 said:

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

No it's a maximum first visa of five years with a second maximum of 5 to give 10 total.

What happens when all these parents are medically unfit to fly though??

Edited by Ferrets
  • Like 1