Case Officer & Medicals

Kellydud

My husband and I submitted our application on 1st March (background:  I am an Australian citizen, we have been together 14 yrs, married 6 and have two children aged 8 & 3 both of whom are citizens by descent and have Aus passports) and we received an email on 8th April requested police checks and medical be completed.  The email was signed with a persons name (not just a computer generated email) so can I assume that this would be our case officer?  I understand that it is different in all cases but given that ours is very straightforward does it seem likely that our application with be processed quickly?  Police checks came through very quickly and have already been uploaded to our Immi account.  The medical was completed on 18th April but not yet submitted.  I spoke to someone from the hospital today and they said the Dr will upload on Tuesday when next in.  I am really hopeful that our wait won't be too long and have been reading some very encouraging posts from people saying they had their approval within weeks!

• Like 1

Hi there. Are you applying offshore? There is another thread which has a lot of info on it from people who have applied for partner visas offshore. Most people have their stats in their signatures so you can see how other people's applications are tracking. I can't remember the thread name but it starts 'Summary...and says add your stats'.

There are are a few of us on that thread with a similar timeline to yours by the looks of it, all applied Jan/Feb and have had contact from COs to request further info and/or medical and police checks etc. 

The name on the email you've received will be the name of the case officer managing your application. I've had a couple of emails from mine now and it's the same name each time. 

Good of luck with your application, keep us posted on how it goes! 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2017 at 4:16 PM, Kellydud said:

My husband and I submitted our application on 1st March (background:  I am an Australian citizen, we have been together 14 yrs, married 6 and have two children aged 8 & 3 both of whom are citizens by descent and have Aus passports) and we received an email on 8th April requested police checks and medical be completed.  The email was signed with a persons name (not just a computer generated email) so can I assume that this would be our case officer?  I understand that it is different in all cases but given that ours is very straightforward does it seem likely that our application with be processed quickly?  Police checks came through very quickly and have already been uploaded to our Immi account.  The medical was completed on 18th April but not yet submitted.  I spoke to someone from the hospital today and they said the Dr will upload on Tuesday when next in.  I am really hopeful that our wait won't be too long and have been reading some very encouraging posts from people saying they had their approval within weeks!

Yeah there's a few of us with text-book straight forward cases, and hopefully if the trend continues, you'll get a quick grant. Some people who also have had straightforward cases have waited 6 months. It's hard to know how DIBP work, I've given up trying!! Join our other thread, a few of us are keeping an eye on everything over there! 

Where in Oz are you hoping to end up?!

There is no way of knowing how quickly your application will be processed. If they haven't given you a timeframe in the email then don't get too far ahead of yourselves. it could be a few months, it could be 10. 

Just focus on things you can control like list making, having a good sort out and charity shop runs, finding out how far in advance you need to book for shipping quotes and go through all your DD's and stuff and work out when and how you have to notify them all to cancel or wrap up as they all vary. Things like that are great at making it feel like you are getting somewhere :)

2 hours ago, snifter said:

There is no way of knowing how quickly your application will be processed. If they haven't given you a timeframe in the email then don't get too far ahead of yourselves. it could be a few months, it could be 10. 

Just focus on things you can control like list making, having a good sort out and charity shop runs, finding out how far in advance you need to book for shipping quotes and go through all your DD's and stuff and work out when and how you have to notify them all to cancel or wrap up as they all vary. Things like that are great at making it feel like you are getting somewhere :)

Pmsl you are so right. We've been selling things we are not taking, and polishing up our cv's and stuff. It keeps us busy through the seemingly endless waiting haha ? 

12 hours ago, Beffers said:

Yeah there's a few of us with text-book straight forward cases, and hopefully if the trend continues, you'll get a quick grant. Some people who also have had straightforward cases have waited 6 months. It's hard to know how DIBP work, I've given up trying!! Join our other thread, a few of us are keeping an eye on everything over there! 

Where in Oz are you hoping to end up?!

Thanks - I will look at the other thread.  Going back to Perth which is where I grew up and most of my family live.  Medicals have been submitted online now so I guess all we can do is wait.  Even though I know we get an email through notifying us of any requests it still doesn't stop me from logging onto the Immi account 5 x per day to check.  Seeing "Assessment in Progress" is going to get pretty annoying after a while!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kellydud said:

Thanks - I will look at the other thread.  Going back to Perth which is where I grew up and most of my family live.  Medicals have been submitted online now so I guess all we can do is wait.  Even though I know we get an email through notifying us of any requests it still doesn't stop me from logging onto the Immi account 5 x per day to check.  Seeing "Assessment in Progress" is going to get pretty annoying after a while!

Yeah they will email if they've any other information requests.  I've been at the Assessment in Progress bit for a week or so now.  TinaK is the same.  Haha re checking the Immi account.  I did wonder whether the case workers can see how many times you've logged in! 

Lovely re Perth - I've got cousins in Ocean Reef to the north of the city.  Gorgeous place.  We're heading to Melbourne - I refuse to go to Sydney where my husband is from lol.  You must be itching to get back home!!