Evidence of being settled for sponsorship

We are sponsoring my mother in law for a parent visa.

On the document checklist we need to send in evidence that we are settled in Australia. 

I'd like an idea of what other people sent in to fulfil this, how many different documents are reasonable? 

So far I am thinking of attaching:

-current payslips

-lease document

-bank statement 

-car finance document 

- rental history ledger

• Like 1

Youngfreewild

you have to have PR & there is no rule that says you have to have been a PR for 2 years- as you said, you just have to satify DIBP that you are 'settled' PR's.

So along with your documented evidence that you've put together, write them an essay about your life & how you deem yourselves to be settled here; what your jobs are & your lifestyle/ how you spend your leisure time / what community facilities you use/ how you support your neighbourhood & how you've fitted in locally etc / church/ sports & social groups/ children's activities. Make it personal .

• Like 1

My son did the necessary sponsor form and I sent it off with my application.  I never sent any documents as proof he is 'settled' although he certainly is. He has lived and worked continuously in Australia for over 8 years.  He had PR from the start and took citizenship some years ago. He had his Australian passport certified which I sent off with my application. I've had confirmation my application has been received and I assume (and hope) if they need to see evidence of his home/work etc they will ask. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1