2 minutes ago, Montys Beard said:

Thanks @Ozdream1, hugely helpful :|. Very aware I could get stuck in the mixer like so many other unfortunate people. I check the forum, look at the sheet and stare at my inbox on a daily basis, so I'm massively happy for anyone who no longer has to undergo that routine on a daily basis.

I'm also very happy for the others... Otherwise, I would not look at this forum 20 times a day... :)

2 hours ago, Clara said:

Guys!! I got a Golden mail today. YAY

Welder / TRT / WA

457 APPLY - 23/12/2014
457 APPROVAL - 19/02/2015

ENS APPLY - 22/03/2017
ENS APPROVAL - 13/09/2017   NO request DOC.
ENS APPROVAL - 14/09/2017

Thank you for you guys information and i hope you guys get mail soon!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Did you use a MA? 

1 hour ago, Clara said:

My MA recommended me if i planing for baby to do medicals first..
because X-RAY does not allow bofore 18 weeks. (18 weeks or 20 weeks. Iam not sure)

you and your wife have to decied that do X-ray to wear apron (protect for baby) or after birth.

Thanks Clara. Do you now if my wife can do it now and I can do it when the CO asked me to do? Or is it better to do both at the same time

• Like 1

Dear colleagues in this waiting game, my status in immi account shows the below message? Can some one who are in the same boat advice me how long should I be waiting to get the visa, specially that my health assessment was done positively and nothing is required.
Note: ENS 186 DE,applied for visa on 18/8/2017

"View application status

information
Important information
This application has been received by the department and will be assessed.

Please ensure you have attached all required supporting documentation. Failure to do so may result in delays in processing. Please refer to the ‘Attach documents’ link on the left hand side of this page.

For information regarding application processing times, please refer to service standards. Please note requests for status updates within this period will not be responded to."

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Thanks Clara. Do you now if my wife can do it now and I can do it when the CO asked me to do? Or is it better to do both at the same time

I think both of you can.
My MA told me that I can do medical check before apply 186. So if you and wife want to preparing a baby, you do not need to wait.
I think it makes short processing time.
I also did before allocate CO.

59 minutes ago, MGB said:

Dear colleagues in this waiting game, my status in immi account shows the below message? Can some one who are in the same boat advice me how long should I be waiting to get the visa, specially that my health assessment was done positively and nothing is required.
Note: ENS 186 DE,applied for visa on 18/8/2017

"View application status

information
Important information
This application has been received by the department and will be assessed.

Please ensure you have attached all required supporting documentation. Failure to do so may result in delays in processing. Please refer to the ‘Attach documents’ link on the left hand side of this page.

For information regarding application processing times, please refer to service standards. Please note requests for status updates within this period will not be responded to."

8 to 10 months as specified on the DIBP site. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

27 minutes ago, Manish9001 said:

Today I am realising that those people including me who applied their visa in 2016 did a biggest mistake because the immigration is concentrating more on 2017 and they are getting results more quicker than usemoji36.pngemoji34.pngemoji35.png

Applications are decided not necessarily in the order in which you applied, but also by occupation, nominator and the ease of processing your application. (ie: is it complete, are you low risk, etc) 

Hello Guys!!

I have applied for Ens 186 subclass in nov 2015, then after 6 month file was open and was asked all documentation, but then again it went under processing , further file went to sponsor monitoring unit in nov 2016 and they came to the business , interveiw was successful then they again asked for more documents , all submitted but till today I have no response!!

my employer is fed up and i check my Omni accounts 20 times a day !!

any body having same sort of situation! 

Please share experience guys !!

thanks in adv!!

9 hours ago, Ozdream1 said:

It's even bizarre that your MA request more money? emoji848.pngemoji848.png
Your 457 visa is automatically transferred to a bridging visa once you apply for PR. (For DE onshore and TRT.)
So even if your 457 expires your bridging visa is still active..
It's just different if you plan to travel overseas I guess.

Is that for all 457 visa holders? Or just those whose 457s expire? Our 457 runs out in June 2019 and I'm hoping we're not already onto bridging Visas before we've heard anything about PR. 

Is that for all 457 visa holders? Or just those whose 457s expire? Our 457 runs out in June 2019 and I'm hoping we're not already onto bridging Visas before we've heard anything about PR. 

No.. my 457 is active and I got a bridging visa the day I applied. Of course this bridging visa offers the same right than my 457 because it's still active [emoji5]
Check your immigration account. You should one letter.

Just now, Ozdream1 said:

No.. my 457 is active and I got a bridging visa the day I applied. Of course this bridging visa offers the same right than my 457 because it's still active emoji5.png
Check your immigration account. You should one letter.

OK thanks - we've only put in the nomination (last week) but were expecting to put in the main application in the next day or so. So the bridging Visa will run until the same date. I don't know much about it but thought the bridging visas were quite short term (e.g. wouldn't run until June 2019).

OK thanks - we've only put in the nomination (last week) but were expecting to put in the main application in the next day or so. So the bridging Visa will run until the same date. I don't know much about it but thought the bridging visas were quite short term (e.g. wouldn't run until June 2019).

Don't worry mate and welcome in the PR race[emoji5]
Your bridging visa will run while waiting for your visa approval. This visa is valid during the whole waiting period.
Don't worry for that you have the rights you can freely travel etc...
:)
And You'll definitely get your visa before June 2019! [emoji5]

5 minutes ago, Ozdream1 said:

Don't worry mate and welcome in the PR raceemoji5.png
Your bridging visa will run while waiting for your visa approval. This visa is valid during the whole waiting period.
Don't worry for that you have the rights you can freely travel etc...
:)
And You'll definitely get your visa before June 2019! emoji5.png

Ok thanks - my husband has to work trips out of the country before Christmas so I was just panicking that he couldn't leave the country etc! Funny our MA hasn't mentioned this - or maybe they didn't as it doesn't change anything for us. Good luck with your application! 

On 13/09/2017 at 17:29, Manish9001 said:

It's almost the end of 2017 still they haven't finalised 2016 files.
What's the problem with immigration?
Why don't they finish the 2016 files n then start 2017 files?

Personally I think that it is totally random. They just pick up applications from the pool within a nonsense period. Or, what would make sense is the salary. Higher salary, higher tax you pay.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FKS said:

Ok thanks - my husband has to work trips out of the country before Christmas so I was just panicking that he couldn't leave the country etc! Funny our MA hasn't mentioned this - or maybe they didn't as it doesn't change anything for us. Good luck with your application! 

To clarify this, the Bridging Visa A takes over if/when your 457 or other substantive visa expires. It basically sits in the background doing nothing until then. But beware, if your current substantive visa expires, and you somehow find yourself only on a Bridging visa A, you will need to apply for a Bridging visa B to travel outside Australia. 

1 hour ago, barker said:

To clarify this, the Bridging Visa A takes over if/when your 457 or other substantive visa expires. It basically sits in the background doing nothing until then. But beware, if your current substantive visa expires, and you somehow find yourself only on a Bridging visa A, you will need to apply for a Bridging visa B to travel outside Australia. 

Ah thanks - so it won't matter if my husband is out of Australia over the coming few months (our 457 expires in June 2019) but if we haven't heard about PR by june 2019 (!!!) then the BVA kicks in and we can't leave the country without a BVB? Crikey these things are all very complicated - I tried to read through it all on the immigration site last night and my head was spinning from it all! I also keep hearing rumours about having to leave the country briefly when PR is awarded but I guess that's a whole separate issue! 

Called NSW PSE.

The person told me that they try to stick to the "first come first serve" principle. However, the upper management will have their own priorities in allocating cases.

He added that the 8 to 10 months timeline on Immi's site is insignificant. The normal wait times will be around 12 months.

Edited by axn992

Called NSW PSE.
The person told me that they try to stick to the "first come first serve" principle. However, the upper management will have their own priorities in allocating cases.
He added that the 8 to 10 months timeline on Immi's site is insignificant. The normal wait times will be around 12 months.

But how about those who r waiting from more than 15 months...
Is that wat they are doing FIRST COME FIRST SERVE but I must say they are worst in serving[emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]