hi to all

i know everyone having different issue with visa applications.

In my case:-

nomination and visa applied on 8/3/2016

nomination approved on 16/11/2016

passport document requested(just because my passport was expired and renewed passport)

now assessment in progress???

so irritating ?

Thanks, everyone! I was in a rush yesterday. Today, I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks! It's been great following the forum on this incredibly draining journey. I could barely concentrate on anything else over the last few weeks. It has been helpful to be able to look at this forum, because when the process is totally out of your control, it is good to be able to turn somewhere for guidance and to see how others are dealing with the situation. Thanks :)

Any day that passes, you are getting closer to your goal! Hang in there!

Hi there, are you aware of that document shared on the forum: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1159472963

That should answer your question. It seems really random the way the applications are being picked and approved. Some people wait over a year other get approved in 6 months...

Hi, yes I have seen the sheet, but I wasn't able to work out whether what the migration team are telling me at Deloitte is correct. It appears to be a bit all over the place. Hopefully will hear soon. Thanks.

Hi, yes I have seen the sheet, but I wasn't able to work out whether what the migration team are telling me at Deloitte is correct. It appears to be a bit all over the place. Hopefully will hear soon. Thanks.

If that can help, the official communication from my Migration Agent is: applications take currently 6 to 9 months.

The automatic email says that they are still processing early Feb applications but the spreadsheet indicates that they are already opening June applications.

If you want more info, you have the option of getting in touch with:

- Deloitte Migration Agent who probably also takes care of your application

- The Department of Immigration (you can call them directly)

Not sure if you are aware but you can also access your file by creating an ImmiAcount here: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Good luck!

Edited by jess6

If that can help, the official communication from my Migration Agent is: applications take currently 6 to 9 months.

The automatic email says that they are still processing early Feb applications but the spreadsheet indicates that they are already opening June applications.

If you want more info, you have the option of getting in touch with:

- Deloitte Migration Agent who probably also takes care of your application

- The Department of Immigration (you can call them directly)

Not sure if you are aware but you can also access your file by creating an ImmiAcount here: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Good luck!

Hi, if I create an immigration account would it interfere with what my migration agent has? Will it duplicate so I can see and they can as well?

Thanks!

Hi -

Do you guys know why there is no movement on the DE applications? None of the DE applications in April have been finalized. Last few weeks I have only seen transition cases getting approved.

Lizzie - you did some analysis on DE applications. Can you please share your thoughts?

Hi, if I create an immigration account would it interfere with what my migration agent has? Will it duplicate so I can see and they can as well?

Thanks!

Hi May2016,

I was also unsure when I saw this on the forum so, for peace of mind, I mailed my MA and asked. You may want to do the same :-)

My MA sent me a link and explained me I could create an account or use the one I had (if I already had one) and then import the application to view it.

I can now view the status of my application but I did not touch it i.e. I did not upload or change anything.

I hope that helps!

Hi -

Do you guys know why there is no movement on the DE applications? None of the DE applications in April have been finalized. Last few weeks I have only seen transition cases getting approved.

Lizzie - you did some analysis on DE applications. Can you please share your thoughts?

Hey DesiGuy,

If you look in May, you will see DE applications approved - that should answer your question.

I think we all have to take this spreadsheet with a pinch of salt as we can only see a little portion of the total applications that the department is dealing with.

The situation is super stressful, I agree :)

And while trying to analyse things and making assumptions may give us a sense of control; we actually do not control anything, and we do not know anything about the cases. There can be many reasons why some take more time than others.

This process has taken so long I might as well have applied via transition instead of DE! Best of luck everyone, we have to laugh or we'll crumble into a pile of anxiety!

It is long for transitions as well :-) It's just that we are hyper focused on our own cases. Let's see the bright side: it's long but are in the process :-)