Hi everyone, you guys doing a great job by supporting each other.

I have a couple of questions about ENS 186 Visa with direct stream (no 457)

1- I noticed that many people in the forum lodge both applications for nomination and visa at the same time. Isn't that risky if your nomination has been rejected, you will lose the visa fees and medical check fees? When do you go for this case? I know it will save time but isn't it risky?

2- I'm from a low risk country does this affect the processing time for the visa application ?

Edited by Flupo2000

Hi GanaToOz

We applied 186 on the same day. Wish us luck

Actually, a friend of mine (who is deciding if to apply for a 189/190 or go through the 457) was told by her MA that the 186 waiting time is now around 7/9 months.

So yes, your 8+ is quite realistic.

That's why I'm saying that I would consider myself lucky to get good news by the end of the year. I'm preparing myself to enter 2017 without grant letter, though.

In 10 days we'll reach the 6months mark.

Let's see how it goes ;)

Nom&Visa 20Apr16

Hi Flupo2000, depends on your faith in your nomination/employer getting approved, as well as your circumstances.

If you're hesitating and are in no particular rush, unless they ask you for additional items (causing delays), it looks like processing times are largely based on nomination anyway..just my opinion based on the spreadsheet.

Hi everyone, you guys doing a great job by supporting each other.

I have a couple of questions about ENS 186 Visa with direct stream (no 457)

1- I noticed that many people in the forum lodge both applications for nomination and visa at the same time. Isn't that risky if your nomination has been rejected, you will lose the visa fees and medical check fees? When do you go for this case? I know it will save time but isn't it risky?

2- I'm from a low risk country does this affect the processing time for the visa application ?

Hi, hope someone can advice? If we travel overseas on leave pending PR visa grant, will we be asked to get police clearances after the trip? We were set to spend the holidays in our home country (already have valid PCs), plus a few days in another country (still need to get visit visas) and thought 6-8 months processing time was already a stretch. But looking at current timelines, it seems anything is possible..:no:

Hi Lzzielizzie - I have been given the following advice from my Migration Agency:

-International travel OK if you have a Bridging Visa B (or apply for one) or your 457 is still valid.

-Travel to home country (LR) is seen as flexible for up to two weeks as this is seen as a holiday and you do not need to reapply for another police check.

I too have had to travel on holiday due to processing taking longer than expected. Yet to hear if the advice holds true, but I was assured a short holiday was OK and did not require police checks after the visit.

Thanks for the detailed info, Bluegrass! When did you lodge? Let me know if you get asked to provide new PCs?

We were hoping for more than 2 weeks given it's Christmas/NYE holidays, and we are visiting more than one place (plus it is so expensive for a family to travel during peak holiday dates) - here's to hoping we get approval sooner rather than later! Plus the wait is driving me nuts. :unsure:

Edited by Izzielizzie

My timeline is: Nom/Visa - lodged 3/13/16. Both still pending.

Will absolutely let you know how I progress with the PCs. If you are going for 3+ weeks and are still waiting for word, best practice would be to get renewed PCs just in case!

Best of luck

Thanks for the detailed info, Bluegrass! When did you lodge? Let me know if you get asked to provide new PCs?

We were hoping for more than 2 weeks given it's Christmas/NYE holidays, and we are visiting more than one place (plus it is so expensive for a family to travel during peak holiday dates) - here's to hoping we get approval sooner rather than later! Plus the wait is driving me nuts. :unsure:

I rang my MA and they just directing calls to reception and just repeating if they will hear something they will get back yo me.its so frustating.can anyone suggest me i m not the main application but can i call immigration and check whats happening.its 38 days after information requested.

You'll definitely hear some good news in this week, as per my calculations. :)

It was requested 4 july

That is strange. Usually they grant ur application after 30 to 45 days of document request. U were supposed to get it by 2nd week of august. Well i just checked through the whole sheet found out only few applicant waited nearly 4 month after doc request. Im also frustrated mate hope for the best.

By the way, did u contact immi about ur nom application?

That is strange. Usually they grant ur application after 30 to 45 days of document request. U were supposed to get it by 2nd week of august. Well i just checked through the whole sheet found out only few applicant waited nearly 4 month after doc request. Im also frustrated mate hope for the best.

By the way, did u contact immi about ur nom application?

I am pretty sure someone got pr granted after 3 months of doc request.

I reckon everything is possible in this case.