Every day processing time increasing... I don't know whats going on. Best of luck for today..

Today is 6 months for nom and visa application I don't know what's going on with immi but friend told me they have give me answer with in 6 months according to timeframe but no news.... Is anybody know what's going on with August files... Wait is killing meeee

Today is 6 months for nom and visa application I don't know what's going on with immi but friend told me they have give me answer with in 6 months according to timeframe but no news.... Is anybody know what's going on with August files... Wait is killing meeee

Fingers crossed!!! Hopefully we will get good news soon.

Yesterday I called my MA & I asked her what going on no update its been more than 6 months & when you loged my nom & visa, you guys informed it will take 3 to 6 months. She replied me its not in my hand we did our good job, now every thing in immigrations hand & I cant do any thing until they will open your file & I am hoping your visa will be in this months. But guys I am still trying to stay relax & hoping for the best result come out

Good news everyone finally after a looong wait PR was granted this morning!!! Freedom is soo sweet! Good luck to everyone today and congratulations to those who got their PR!!! YEWWWWW

Visa and nomination lodged: 6 Aug 2015

Visa and nominatio granted 16 Feb 2016

WA Processing Team

Good news everyone finally after a looong wait PR was granted this morning!!! Freedom is soo sweet! Good luck to everyone today and congratulations to those who got their PR!!! YEWWWWW

WA Processing Team

Congrats!!!!

We know DIBP are working at least.

WA Processing Team

Congratulations @Coastal :)

congrats to everyone so far!

Just a quickie, did some people get approval of nonimation/PR without any prior contact from immi? I dont think my case has been assigned to a CO- my agent hasnt been informed of anything. I just wondered if perhaps the first time I will hear will be approval?? hoping mine is close....

Hi everyone,

Huge nightmare... please help.

I received my PR in the 186 transition stream. My younger brother works for the same employer on a 457 visa. He has been working here for over 3 years (and over 2 years on a 457.. the first year was casual employment.)

The employer agreed to sponsor my younger brother. However, they nominated him for 186 Transition Stream one week before the 2 year mark (big mistake). He applied, but then he had to withdraw his application, costing him ~$3600. This is both his fault and HR's fault, correct? HR claims it is just his fault.

Now, he is eligible for the 186 Transition Stream, and they have verbally agreed to sponsor him again. They have been taking their time though, and this second application has been drawn out for many months.

Then, I did something that I regret that has affected my younger brother's PR. I need to leave this employer because of a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I submitted my resignation (I'm giving full 4 weeks notice, doing everything right, etc). The next day, the HR department called me in and told me that because I have resigned, they will not sponsor my younger brother for PR. They are claiming that my resignation has caused them to re-assess if they will sponsor anyone for PR.

What can he and I do to fix this mess? He has 3 years experience at this employer, so he may qualify for Direct Entry Stream at another employer. However, he does not have a University Degree. Is that needed for Direct Entry Stream?

Please help.

WA Processing Team

Hi are they request any further documents?

Congrats.....

Hi everyone,

Huge nightmare... please help.

I received my PR in the 186 transition stream. My younger brother works for the same employer on a 457 visa. He has been working here for over 3 years (and over 2 years on a 457.. the first year was casual employment.)

The employer agreed to sponsor my younger brother. However, they nominated him for 186 Transition Stream one week before the 2 year mark (big mistake). He applied, but then he had to withdraw his application, costing him ~$3600. This is both his fault and HR's fault, correct? HR claims it is just his fault.

Now, he is eligible for the 186 Transition Stream, and they have verbally agreed to sponsor him again. They have been taking their time though, and this second application has been drawn out for many months.

Then, I did something that I regret that has affected my younger brother's PR. I need to leave this employer because of a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I submitted my resignation (I'm giving full 4 weeks notice, doing everything right, etc). The next day, the HR department called me in and told me that because I have resigned, they will not sponsor my younger brother for PR. They are claiming that my resignation has caused them to re-assess if they will sponsor anyone for PR.

What can he and I do to fix this mess? He has 3 years experience at this employer, so he may qualify for Direct Entry Stream at another employer. However, he does not have a University Degree. Is that needed for Direct Entry Stream?

Please help.

For Direct Entry You need to apply for Skill Assessment and the result has to be positive and as part of documentation, you need to submit work relevant Education Document. I hope this answers your questions.

There are workarounds if you don't have relevant degree. like if you have 7-8 years of experience then they will deduct some years if you dont have relevant education.

For Direct Entry You need to apply for Skill Assessment and the result has to be positive and as part of documentation, you need to submit work relevant Education Document. I hope this answers your questions.

There are workarounds if you don't have relevant degree. like if you have 7-8 years of experience then they will deduct some years if you dont have relevant education.

It is a media company and he is a TV editor. What type of education certificate is required? Does it need to be a 4 year university degree? Could he theoretically attend some media classes over the next few months?

He's worked there for exactly 3 years. US citizen with high school diploma.

It is a media company and he is a TV editor. What type of education certificate is required? Does it need to be a 4 year university degree? Could he theoretically attend some media classes over the next few months?

He's worked there for exactly 3 years. US citizen with high school diploma.

Check anzco code and requirements for te particular job and it will say what is minimum requirement of education.

some positions are accepted with a diploma level education as long as it's Australian or accepted in australia .

refer to this link. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

Edited by Jazzcrave