they allready started aug applications .......my ma told me that 3 guys who applied after 15 aug ,they got pr last week, they applied both nomination and visa on same time

Either its direct entry or application with all required docs uploaded. I guess its all automated and sowtwares push some applications with presets on . Hopefully feb is lucky for sep applicants

they allready started aug applications .......my ma told me that 3 guys who applied after 15 aug ,they got pr last week, they applied both nomination and visa on same time

Its really good to hear aug applications started this gives hope sep applicants may be feb is for sep application I wish

Its really good to hear aug applications started this gives hope sep applicants may be feb is for sep application I wish

My Visa was Sep 2015 so i think its which location your file is getting processed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My Visa was Sep 2015 so i think its which location your file is getting processed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

@jay78 yours is direct entry if am not wrong? They are processing direct entry applications faster within 4 months time.

Direct entry is like 457 they want to fill position required by australian businesses. So it has higher priority than TRT.

This means that the Direct Entry Stream can be used by someone who is not applying under the Temporary Resident Transition stream. Under TRT, you are applying only after working for the nominating employer in the nominated occupation on a 457 for 2 years prior to your application.

DE stream is for anyone else, i.e. never worked in Australia, or is applying under the nominating employer/occupation on 457 for less than 2 years You could also use the DE stream if your current 457 (over 2 years) employer will not sponsor and you find someone else who will. So you could work on a 457 visa for 2 years for ABC company, then apply for 186 DE stream for XYZ company.

Thanks a lot for the info. Will pass it on.

In addition to the 3 documents uploaded already (my employment contract, certificate of registration of a business, profit and loss statement), am I right in thinking my employer also needs to upload:

• For Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents performing equivalent work in the nominator’s workplace at the same location:

• appropriate references to or copies of certified agreements - what's this?

• appropriate references to industrial awards - assuming this is a print off from Hays etc displaying industry average and Industry Award itself?

• copies of relevant employment contracts, payslips or PAYG certificates - Employment Contract for Australians in an equivalent role? Yes - contract and recent payslips of someone doing the same job as you (or near enough) and paid the same.

[*]Evidence that you are actively and lawfully operating: is this in addition to Certificate of Registration of a Business or will that suffice alone?

• certificate of registration for tax purposes (ABN) for all businesses

• certificate of registration of business name (if operating under a trading name)

• certificate of registration with ASIC (if a company)

• relevant pages of the trust deed specifying the parties to the trust (if you are a trust or trustee of a trust)

• current lease agreement

• letter of support from the accountant of your business

• audited balance sheet (statement of position) for the most recently concluded fiscal year with comparative figures for previous fiscal year, and profit and loss statement (statement of performance) for the most recently concluded fiscal year with comparative figures for the previous fiscal year, or:

• business tax returns for the most recently concluded fiscal year and associated tax assessment notice, and

• if the fiscal period to which the financial statements or tax returns submitted relate ended more than three months before the application was lodged – a business activity statement (BAS) for each complete quarter between the end of the fiscal period and the date of application lodgement

• Your need for a paid employee:

• detailed organisational structure chart - what is this? It's a chart showing your boss at the top, then his/her direct reports (finance, marketing, or eg sales team 1, sales team 2, etc., and your position in that chart as an essential part of the business. I suppose it's to show that your role is necessary, hence the need to sponsor someone to fill it.

• detailed position description including specified tasks and duties of the position Make sure this reflects the ANZSCO description of your job.

• as applicable:

• evidence that the position has existed and been previously occupied but has become vacant through attrition

• evidence that the position is currently occupied by a temporary resident

• evidence of an increase in business activity (e.g. new contracts won) requiring workers in the nominated occupation

• evidence of overtime work or increase in overtime work for employees currently in the nominated occupation

• if your business is diversifying, evidence of appropriate market research, business plans detailing proposed expansion and timelines, financial budgets covering expenditure and anticipated revenue and evidence of availability of funding (such as own funds or bank loans)

[*]Training benchmarks:

• if your business has operated for at least 12 months:

• evidence of payroll, and - ​profit and loss statement already provided? As long as it includes super etc as per below

• evidence of expenditure in the last 12 months to the equivalent of at least 1 per cent of the payroll of your business, in the provision of training to employees in your business - INVOICE from training? I produced a table, showing the total payroll figure per financial year for the years I'd been sponsored (NB this includes super, overtime, payments to contractors etc, nut just what they've paid out to staff) and then itemised the training courses (who did it, when, what did they do and how much did it cost) until it added up to 1% of the payroll figure.

OK @aber261. Here goes!

I finalised my company's nomination of me because it appeared that the business manager just sent in the nomination form with no supporting documents... Unsurprisingly they were then (4 months later) sent a letter requesting about 6 categories of information, including a load of info about the training benchmark, commitment to training existing employees etc etc, Luckily I was back from a project and in the office so I could get it all together and submit it since the useless business manager had left anyway. The nomination was approved 2 days after I submitted 35 pages of evidence and attachments. Phew!

Did your company get a specific request in the terms you've quoted above? Or is it a checklist from somewhere? I didn't prepare my nomination from scratch (if I had done I would have had PR at least 6 months earlier) so haven't looked at any guidelines for submission.

I prepared a letter (eventually 5 pages!) from my boss, with the requests headlined and then the answer in a paragraph and referring to attachments eg.

Request : Evidence of full time employment in Australia for 2 years in a 3 year period immediately preceding the nomination in the nominated occupation.

MY NAME has been employed as a XX XX professional (ANZSCO job title) and actively performing the duties of that occupation full time since July 2012. Please find attached the following documents :

• My Initials 1 : PAYG Payment summaries for 2012/2013 and 2013/2014

• My Initials 2 : Payslip dated 26/03/2015 showing YTD earnings and confirming current employment.

• MI3 : For completeness, copies of leave records, indicating that xx did not take any periods of absence from employment which she was not entitled to.

I have put a few responses in your query above (my responses are underlined) and these are to the best of my knowledge.

My response to Immi was (very) probably overwordy, I wanted to make everything crystal clear to minimise further delays, as we were already on the back foot for basically not having provided anything at all, so I wanted to keep them sweet. The letter therefore stepped them through our responses and summed up the contents of the attachments, which they could refer to for proof.

I hope this helps you! Good luck!

To those of you who have submitted their applications without an MA, is it straight forward and easy to do yourself, or a nightmare and you wished you used an MA? I'm undecided which way to go as I've heard it can work in your favour to use one and also heard it doesn't make a difference! :err:

To those of you who have submitted their applications without an MA, is it straight forward and easy to do yourself, or a nightmare and you wished you used an MA? I'm undecided which way to go as I've heard it can work in your favour to use one and also heard it doesn't make a difference! :err:

I did it myself, and it was pretty straightforward. Certainly cheaper! The stories on here about (a small minority of) MAs who have messed up are infuriating, and I would expect (hope?) that a CO who sees a few issues with a self-submitted application is just going to pick up the phone and sort it out when the case comes to the top of the pile, and you don't have the delays say if CO opens file, sees something is missing, CO contacts MA, MA faffs around a bit, is busy with other people, then passes request on to client, clients gets docs, sends to MA who then uploads it.

Of course if you have any unusual aspects to your application though, say health issues, estranged family not on the application, change of company name or whatever, then it might be worth at least getting an MA's advice. We were straightforward, so had no issues.

I did it myself, and it was pretty straightforward. Certainly cheaper! The stories on here about (a small minority of) MAs who have messed up are infuriating, and I would expect (hope?) that a CO who sees a few issues with a self-submitted application is just going to pick up the phone and sort it out when the case comes to the top of the pile, and you don't have the delays say if CO opens file, sees something is missing, CO contacts MA, MA faffs around a bit, is busy with other people, then passes request on to client, clients gets docs, sends to MA who then uploads it.

Of course if you have any unusual aspects to your application though, say health issues, estranged family not on the application, change of company name or whatever, then it might be worth at least getting an MA's advice. We were straightforward, so had no issues.

thanks for the advice, we used an MA for our 457 but the company paid for it, now it's down to us and I'm weighing up situations.

I can't seem to find a spreadsheet with the 186 visa timelines. Does anyone know how to find it?

Our application was acknowledged on 13th August....so anxious with this long wait! I see there are others from August also waiting, hope it's not long to go.

thanks for the advice, we used an MA for our 457 but the company paid for it, now it's down to us and I'm weighing up situations.

Slartibartfast is right, it depends on your situation. If you think your application is straightforward, then you don't need to use an MA.

My colleagues who have the same role as mine did not use MA when they lodged their application and got their approval. I did not use MA as well as I feel like my application is also straightforward so I am hoping that my visa will be granted with no extra documents needed.

So it's totally up to you. The only advantage I think is you get to provide the documents requested easier as you are the one managing it, and no need to wait for somebody else to do it.

Technically, immi is open today. But I suspect that some case officers will return from leave only on Wednesday, while some others may take an extended weekend break to include Australia Day. Either way, we can expect full-speed processing only from Wednesday.