Yup gave them a call on friday and got a very disappointing reply: " Official processing times are 5-8 months, please dont call us until 8 months finished. Right now we cannot help you at all."

Doesn't sound right mate. my friend who just reached 4 months milestone called and got response "we may see some progress next week". They didn't mention this ****.

is your case co assigned anyway? do you have any colleagues who applied the same visa previously?

I believe the lady who picked up the phone was frustrated with her Job and that is very much standard reply. This is how Immigration works. If they tell status to one person they have to tell to everyone.

This could be just a way for them to reduce call volume. I think Wait N watch is best we can do at this stage.

Edited by JohnT

A person never has one case officer. A team work on the application. There is never just one persob that looks at your application. Quoting from immigration...

Hi stacy, that's exactly what i am thinking about. it's like a workflow - pre-check, check, post-check, approval,post-approval etc. you know. that's why they can send different messages to different person.

HI John,

I didnt get any notification on my email. even though my status has been changed two times.

1 information requsted

2 assessment in progress

so i frequently check my immi account. i advise you to do so.

RUDR Didnt you receive notification/Email about status change. I dont check my status, I am just waiting for email or phone call.

HI John,

I didnt get any notification on my email. even though my status has been changed two times.

1 information requsted

2 assessment in progress

so i frequently check my immi account. i advise you to do so.

Thanks Mate. just checked "Application Received"

Hi one question-today I just checked my immi account & next to my name it says procesding. So its mean they are processing my file or its as it is?

This has been there since you lodged and it should be there against each applicant. The main status is Application Received which you must have seen on home page as you log on. This is how it is for everyone.

Edited by JohnT

First half is gone, very quite so far.

John, I can fully understand you as I am at the same level of anxiety. I got a message by calling this number ********** that they are processing 18th June on wards. So looks they spent a week to just clear 3 days backlog. Speechless.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Only publicly available DIBP phone numbers should be posted

Hi one question-today I just checked my immi account & next to my name it says procesding. So its mean they are processing my file or its as it is?

No mate... If you open accounts and see what they say application received so they just received not processing. One they check your application then something change in first page in your account.

Could someone please help to understand when you pay for your partner's English, what actually are you paying for? Does this payment mean that partner can take English lessons somewhere? etc. ... I am under the impression that fee is actually to eventually provide some sort of support & incentive to learn English?