Yup that's right, employees have to satisfy the training benchmark via route A or B from the date of sponsorship and every year thereafter. But what they need to pay is 2% of everyone's wages, not just yours. Unless you're the only employee, and I'm sure there's a requirement that sponsoring employers should also be employing Aussies.

From what i am aware is that from the day any employer becomes Sbs standard business sponsor. He/she has an obligation to make payments towards training benchmark a or b.

Now it can be yearly or as per fiscal year. Say for example your package is 60,000 pa plus super in 2014-2015 financial year. Training benchmark a payment of 2% ie 1200 aud should be paud to a tafe by end of june 2016 which will act as year 14-15's training requirement. My employer made a payment in september 2015 which will be used to fill fill requirement for year 2014-2015.

Now if you dont make a payment for year 14 15 by jun 2016 then your employer didnt meet the sbs requirment

As in that pdf, your employer should have paid 2% of his total payroll (which includes super etc) into a training fund, for every year they have been a sponsor. That's 2% of everyone's earnings (and extras), including you, not just 2% of your salary.

he paid including super

Hey Guyssss

My long long wait is over, I have been granted PR today, thanks to everyone who showed their interest and this forum is very informative and I strongly recommend everyone to join and share their views,

My Timeline:

Nomination Apply: 10 Nov 14

Nomination Approved 21 May

Visa Apply: 11 June

Visa Granted: 23/10/15

Congrats semi

Hello friends, I m new member here but following from 3-4 month.

finaly got good news on Friday 3.25 pm.

Got PR . Wowoooooo

after long time relax today. This forum is very helpful .

visa and nom login 11 May

doc req nom 11/09 Aproval 15/10

visa doc req 19-21/10

finalised 23/10 . Even this week my friend got PR same my timeline.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Good luck for next week.

Congrats mate.....

Congratulations and celebration brother, this is the best gift you will be giving her on her birthday. Very happy for you and we wish wish all the best for your future

Thank you so much Ahad12. ..

Yes this is the precious gift for her birthday

I feel like a family here...

I wish good luck to you and very eager to hear about ur good news soon...

From what i am aware is that from the day any employer becomes Sbs standard business sponsor. He/she has an obligation to make payments towards training benchmark a or b.

Now it can be yearly or as per fiscal year. Say for example your package is 60,000 pa plus super in 2014-2015 financial year. Training benchmark a payment of 2% ie 1200 aud should be paud to a tafe by end of june 2016 which will act as year 14-15's training requirement. My employer made a payment in september 2015 which will be used to fill fill requirement for year 2014-2015.

Now if you dont make a payment for year 14 15 by jun 2016 then your employer didnt meet the sbs requirment

He paid including super but my agent said its ok as I am the only employee

Edited by ahad12

Yup that's right, employees have to satisfy the training benchmark via route A or B from the date of sponsorship and every year thereafter. But what they need to pay is 2% of everyone's wages, not just yours. Unless you're the only employee, and I'm sure there's a requirement that sponsoring employers should also be employing Aussies.

Few changes, yes its 2% or 1% depending on training benchmark a or b on gross payroll which includes all employees or contractors engaged on regular basis. If your companys financials show that you engage contractors immi wants you to add that to the payroll expenditure (which is BS , but i guess they want to benifit from all ends).

Employers have to satisfy the requirement by engaging employees pr a contractor who is or will be engaged and will be requires to perform a task which will bring revenue to the business. Remember they say employees but we are a development companu building new and renovating old houses and business blocks, so we mainly employe contractors so we had sent contractor for trainings and also made donation to tafe.

there is no such law which obligates an employer to have citizens or permanent residents working though depends how hard the employer has tried to hunt for the right person or how many times employers tried to give employment and people didnt prove competant, or if the employer is having a multi million $$ business govt will definitely bend rules as the business is generating revenue for govt and they can hire people on visas just like Qantas, virgin airlines etc etc. I have seen TCS (tata) sending people on next flights to aus on reuqest of these big banners.

Thanks Bret... I haven't got the grant letter. I hope everything will be good.

And unable to check the VEVO, I think Immi webserver is down.

I did not get any notification when the status got changed.

But when I login to the Immi account page, then immediately I got the notification email on my personal email address.

I still cant believe that status has been changed. It has been a very long journey mate.

Wish you good luck mate.

COngratulations. The officer would send the grant letter first to your ma before they update your account. I saw my letter granted was received at 15.00, while my account got updated at 15.43.

Hi can some one help please... One of my friend lodge her file on 4 May used MA. And toady she just crate her immi account and find her all document submit on 10 sep and her PPC submit on 20 oct. Immi request some document on 10 sep.. She is worried why my MA submit all document on 10 sep while her file recived on 4 may..and her ielts also expired on26 may ...can someone tell it's effect visa or she call immi and ask her file processing..

Hi can some one help please... One of my friend lodge her file on 4 May used MA. And toady she just crate her immi account and find her all document submit on 10 sep and her PPC submit on 20 oct. Immi request some document on 10 sep.. She is worried why my MA submit all document on 10 sep while her file recived on 4 may..and her ielts also expired on26 may ...can someone tell it's effect visa or she call immi and ask her file processing..

Hi confusing situation, so need clarification was the file lodged in may

Were further docs were requested on 10 sep

Did the ma held few docs and submit only when asked

Or are yiu trying to say that ma said its lodged in may but it was actually lodged in september.please clarify

If immi requested the docs that meams file was already lodged and further docs were requested

With ielts co can ask for a new one depends on the co.

Edited by Jazzcrave

Dont worry it does't matter. i don't think to call to immi, make sure now submitted everything and result will be soon.

End of December or early Jan.

Can somebody help me here getting an idea what specific date of lodgement where the immigration processing today

my timeline is:

nomination lodge by employer : 16 june 2015

Visa 186 lodge by me : 19 june 2015

nomination not yet approved and visa as well

Can somebody help me here getting an idea what specific date of lodgement where the immigration processing today

my timeline is:

Hey goin mate!! June Applicantions are being processes at the moment. Yours should be coming very soon. Best of luck

Some may applications are still pending but june files have started getting cleared away.

my timeline is:

From the auto reply mail, I was told they are allocating the early to mid June now.