I was thinking... My MA applied 22-05 will police checks and medicals completed upfront.

Then things at work didn't look so bright for my partner (on a 457 as well, but completing the 2 years required in a couple of weeks), so we decided to add him to my application after it was already lodged. His documents and proof of defacto relationship were added on 26-06. In the meantime I found more evidence for our relationship and sent it to my MA, who uploaded the last doc on 29-06.

At the moment the last update is 29-06.

Do you think the fact we added my partner at a later stage will slow the application down and they will count the application date as 26-06 instead of 22-05? My partner's acknowledgment letter figures the date of 22-05 as application date.

No this wont impact anything - I was still adding document in July after lodging the application in May and my application is currently being assessed.

I guess, if allocated to a CO, they may choose not to reveal the CO's name or contact to prevent people from emailing the CO directly.

So, a fairly general reply like 'your application is being assessed' is what one can expect.

But, this is understandable.

'Your application is being assessed. If further information is required, you will be contacted accordingly'

The auto reply from Immi says they are currently allocated applications lodged in May.

I really don't get how random the allocations are. This year has been extremely slow compared to last year. Last month we saw a couple of mid May applications get approved. That totally brought my hopes up only to realise a majority of late April applications only JUST got approved. Does that mean late May applications will only get processed early next month?! Rant over.

Hi All,

Finally, its my time to share something in this forum. I received an email today stating that I was granted with 186 visa. Timelines below

Nomination : 29th May 2015 - ENS Direct Entry(Currently on 457)

Visa : 4th June 2015

Approval : 8-Sep- 2015

Hi All,

Finally, its my time to share something in this forum. I received an email today stating that I was granted with 186 visa. Timelines below

Nomination : 29th May 2015 - ENS Direct Entry(Currently on 457)

Visa : 4th June 2015

Approval : 8-Sep- 2015

Congrats... Laxmi Prasad.... i've same occupation "Sr. Analyst programmer" :) in market research firm

Where is your processing centre?

Processing centre is VIC PESE

Dreylee - you should send them an email, put your application number in the heading and ask for an update regarding your DECISION READY application. I did that then suddenly PR granted a few days later. I definitely think it makes a difference and your timeline is so close to mine.

Why did you need 2 attempts?

I was on a NZ Citizien Family Relationship Visa and with this visa you dont have to complete a skills assessment via direct entry if you have been working for your nominating employer for 2 years when application is lodged. I was 14 days short and thought you just had to be working for 2 years at the time the visa was granted. Costly error!

I was on a NZ Citizien Family Relationship Visa and with this visa you dont have to complete a skills assessment via direct entry if you have been working for your nominating employer for 2 years when application is lodged. I was 14 days short and thought you just had to be working for 2 years at the time the visa was granted. Costly error!

Oh no!! :( well glad you have it now anyway!