Hi Megan, when I spoke to Immigration they advised me not all "recommended" were required, and that I should look through the document check list for my visa type (186), and ensure all those documents were uploaded, I have completed everthing on the checklist and uploaded, form 80, Medicals, PC etc. Have others done similar?

Hi Barney, thanks for the clarification. I haven't lodged the form 80 and medicals etc. as I'm waiting to have the nomination granted before lodging my application.

Hope we will have some more good news!

We are residents!!! Hubby just came home and surprised me! We all going out to lunch to celebrate, at the beach! Aussie as mate!

timeline:

2004 - decided to move to aus

2012 - actually managed to move to on Aus!

2014 - lodged application and nomination with form 80 June 24th

Meds uploaded 2 weeks later

Irish pcc lodged end of july

Processed through Perth

Visa granted sept 25!!!!! Used MA, so no info till today.

YEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we did it kseafield we freaking did it!

Edited by Jessiejam

We are residents!!! Hubby just came home and surprised me! We all going out to lunch to celebrate, at the beach! Aussie as mate!

timeline:

2004 - decided to move to aus

2012 - actually managed to move to on Aus!

2014 - lodged application and nomination with form 80 June 24th

Meds uploaded 2 weeks later

Irish pcc lodged end of july

Processed through Perth

Visa granted sept 25!!!!! Used MA, so no info till today.

YEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we did it kseafield we freaking did it!

wonderful news. congratulations Jessie!

Dropped team 5 an email (actually 2) regarding the problem with health link not available. Haven't received any reply in 2 days.

Looks like they have their own way to prioritize cases and act accordingly. My case sure is not in the upper part of that list... How they do that is a "secret"

My nomination was approved in less than 2 months. I'm coming close to the 4 month mark on my Visa application. Waiting for reply on the health link.

I guessed the problem was because I input the old HAP ID I've got when I submitted my application. After the that I couldn't pre-arrange health examinations nor have the health link in my immiaccount now.

--------

Edited: while writing this, I received an email from NSW processing center with the new HAP ID in it. Always get good news when I tried to share my experience here ;)

Dropped team 5 an email (actually 2) regarding the problem with health link not available. Haven't received any reply in 2 days.

Looks like they have their own way to prioritize cases and act accordingly. My case sure is not in the upper part of that list... How they do that is a "secret"

My nomination was approved in less than 2 months. I'm coming close to the 4 month mark on my Visa application. Waiting for reply on the health link.

I guessed the problem was because I input the old HAP ID I've got when I submitted my application. After the that I couldn't pre-arrange health examinations nor have the health link in my immiaccount now.

--------

Edited: while writing this, I received an email from NSW processing center with the new HAP ID in it. Always get good news when I tried to share my experience here ;)

Yes this is something getting people frustrated...seems team 05 has their own priority so someone got the pr within 2 months while someone waited for 4 months but nothing happened. to some extent this is unfair but it seems there's no way to change their manner.

My applications were both lodged on May 26. It has been 4 months today. Nomination is still not yet approved. My agent said that he would let me know once he is contacted by the CO and he would check my nomination status online at times.

Strange thing is that some people got their PR approved together with the nomination. But for your case, as you said, nomination was approved 2 months ago but you haven't heard from them since then, which is strange.

Please keep trying to contact the department and let us know the progress. FYI, team 05 usually replies email on the next day if they want to reply the email. If you wait for longer than 3 days usually they wouldn't reply your email.

Hi friends,

I came to Australia by 476 visa which is a 18 months visa for graduations of some universities. Recently I found a job here and the company accepted to give me a sponsorship. The manager told me that after a month they will do the paper works for 457 visa. After reading some blogs, turns out that the 186 visa is best suits for me because I have more than three years experience and IELTS 6.5. So the company told me that they are not sure that they can be sponsor for 186.

Can you help me on this matter?

My employers were going to sponsor me for a 457, but they later agreed to go for a 186, some employers prefer 457 as gives them more say over their employees and it's more difficult for them to leave. I'd talk to them see if it's possible, 186 is sooooo much better, however 457 as I'm sure you're aware is a pathway to PR.