Hey Barney, there are 3 processing offices, wa vic and nsw. Some offices are a bit quicker, I think vic was having some delays recently, but it probably won't make much of a difference. 12-14 weeks seems to be the average. There is a central processing centre in nsw, but each application goes to a regional office.

Hey guys, should time frame be affected by which office or situation in Australia you apply from? or do 186s all go through central point anyhow. (I applied from Perth WA).

Yes I think so. via office seems to be the slowest one recently...

Hey kmchu, I am sorry this process is taking so long for you :( it's not much comfort but you are still week within the DIBP guideline of 5-6 months. Recently sikofbrit and Fiji had extended waits compared to others who had applied at the same time, but they did get their visas in the end. It can't be much longer now :)

Congratulations samsen... Did you receive any notification when CO assigned or just from "In Progress" to "Granted"?

Thanks Neohope, Megan, Barney500, Kmchu....

on the Visa it went straight from "In Prgoress" to "Granted" .....no CO assigned notification. On the nomination the MA received a query from CO on Sep 22nd, my employer responded on 23rd and Nomination approved on Sep 24th. Query was on Leave entitlement policy.

I'm wondering about the same thing as well.. By the way, anyone knows if it is a must to submit supporting evidence marked as "recommended" in ur immiaccount?

Hi Megan, when I spoke to Immigration they advised me not all "recommended" were required, and that I should look through the document check list for my visa type (186), and ensure all those documents were uploaded, I have completed everthing on the checklist and uploaded, form 80, Medicals, PC etc. Have others done similar?

Hey guys, so I logged into my immiacount about 5 minutes ago for the 100000th time and saw "granted" where processing used to be, about two minutes later I received my golden email from my CO in Parramatta. My time line is as follows:

Nomination lodged, 27/02/2014

Nomination granted, 14/04/2014

186 Visa lodged, 24/06/2014 (Melbourne)

Loaded all docs except medicals, 26/06/2014

Medicals done, with high blood pressure on the day, 29/08/2014

186 Visa granted, 25/09/2014 (Parramatta)

High risk country

Never heard anything from my CO until now.

Hell yeah, time to pop the champers.

Good-luck to all you guys still waiting.

You next jessiejam