So.. I appealed my IELTS and got the result back.

Andyvrs

Hey, currently going through my 189PR skilled visa application. I sat my IELTS on 03/12/16. To get the 20 points I need for my visa application I had to get an 8 on all subjects.

I sat the test having no time to study due to work commitments, but my results were, Listening-9 Reading-8.5 Writing-7.5 and Speaking-8.

I was gutted I missed out on the writing by half a mark, so I appealed at a cost of £60.

The wait was nerve wracking but I got my results today and my final award is.. Listening-9 Reading-8.5 Writing-8.5 and Speaking-8 and as a bonus I get the £60 back! So if anyone misses out on the writing or speaking with half a mark APPEAL it!

To say I'm happy is an understatement!!

Been through a similar situation. I needed 7 band in each module. Appeared for the exam without any prep and the result was: L = 8, R = 8.5, W = 7, S = 6.5.

I thought in case I get stuck, it would be in the writing part but to my surprise, I got stuck in the speaking part. However I was confident that my speaking went well to score at least a 7. So I requested a recheck for the speaking part. Waited for 8 full weeks and the result made my day. My speaking was increased to 7 :) and hey, got the money back as well ;)

Archived