January 2017 Visa application submitted - timeline

sns

On 29/03/2017 at 2:38 AM, klr81 said:

I know a couple of months ago during my initial stalking of these forums, I found a really comprehensive list that somebody had made and thought "I'll remember where I saw that.".....

Laevans have you thought about a remark for the 7? A guy on another forum had his remarked under similar circumstances and it came back higher. I can't remember how much it was but it was far cheaper than a new test. Obviously there's no guarantee but could be worth a shot?

I think the invites are twice monthly at the moment. You can go on skillselect and look at the stats for the invite rounds which give you an idea of what points have been invited and which states have issued invites too.

Thanks Hun! Is it likely to go from a 7 to an 8 though? I think he deffo would do a remark if he had 7.5?? So so annoyed as we would have 75 points for 189 and 80 points for NSW visa! 

So frustrating! 

Yes I saw somewhere about a online list and people submitting their timeline but I can't find it! Xxxx 

On 03/04/2017 at 1:18 AM, laevans said:

Thanks Hun! Is it likely to go from a 7 to an 8 though? I think he deffo would do a remark if he had 7.5?? So so annoyed as we would have 75 points for 189 and 80 points for NSW visa! 

So frustrating! 

Yes I saw somewhere about a online list and people submitting their timeline but I can't find it! Xxxx 

I guess .5 is more likely to go up to the next figure   : (

I will try and find that thread though in case more people have posted on it with their experiences!

Edited by klr81

17 hours ago, klr81 said:

I guess .5 is more likely to go up to the next figure   : (

I will try and find that thread though in case more people have posted on it with their experiences!

Yes please Hun as he's strongly considering it just to see if something comes of it! Would love to see that thread!  This process isn't easy is it and to top it off we lost the buyer on our house today so back to marketing it again! a week before completion too! For some reason I'm not getting notifications anymore when people reply, that's why taking me forever to reply lol x

18 hours ago, laevans said:

Yes please Hun as he's strongly considering it just to see if something comes of it! Would love to see that thread!  This process isn't easy is it and to top it off we lost the buyer on our house today so back to marketing it again! a week before completion too! For some reason I'm not getting notifications anymore when people reply, that's why taking me forever to reply lol x

Now that I'm looking for that thread, I can find more examples of threads where people don't recommend re-marks : ( I guess I came across one of the more ununusual cases. I wouldn't want you to waste money, what a pain it all is!

Edited by klr81

21 hours ago, laevans said:

So hubbie has just booked PTE!! We will get those points and we will get that VISA!  Any PTE ADVICE???? it seems more room for error than the IELTS?!! X

Good move on the PTE! I did that one, the only advice is practice using the example questions online/ in book and full concentration on the day!!

Sorry I sold my practice book or I would have sent it to you.

When's the exam?

On 4/12/2017 at 02:49, sns said:

Good move on the PTE! I did that one, the only advice is practice using the example questions online/ in book and full concentration on the day!!

Sorry I sold my practice book or I would have sent it to you.

When's the exam?

Sadly not until June 15th. Pushing it we know but we're in the system so if we get those points we will do a new EOI straight away as im monitoring and 75 and above are taking days to get invites which is still positive. 

Do you think accountants will come off the SOL list?

where did you buy your book Hun? How are your plans! X 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

On 4/12/2017 at 08:37, laevans said:

Sadly not until June 15th. Pushing it we know but we're in the system so if we get those points we will do a new EOI straight away as im monitoring and 75 and above are taking days to get invites which is still positive. 

I got the book off ebay, and sold it through ebay as well. I don't think it will come off the list as they have been saying that for years, but there might be a further reduction in numbers. But who knows!?

Our plans are coming on very quickly, my friends are talking leaving dos... and it's all a bit scary and real and exciting!!

On 4/12/2017 at 08:37, laevans said:

Hi laevans, have you seen the thread about the change to 457 visas, and particularly the part that implies that skilled visas will be changed..

"significantly condensing the occupation lists used for skilled migration visas, including the subclass 457 visa, from 19 April 2017 "

Hey Hun yeah been reading up on it all! It's all massively changing!! We're sticking to the 190 NSW and then when andrew gets those extra 10 points in June it will be a 189 application! Good news today we had his CPA back and got 10 years experience verified and his qualifications etc! Eek! So we're all ready just need that flipping invite ? What a nightmare! I'm feeling very negative ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, laevans said:

Hey Hun yeah been reading up on it all! It's all massively changing!! We're sticking to the 190 NSW and then when andrew gets those extra 10 points in June it will be a 189 application! Good news today we had his CPA back and got 10 years experience verified and his qualifications etc! Eek! So we're all ready just need that flipping invite ? What a nightmare! I'm feeling very negative ?

Quite scary how things can change so quickly. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey SNS wow how amazing for you being sooooo close!! It will be the best adventure ever and you will probably never look back although it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster but think of the life ahead!! Please stay in touch!

were really flat about it all, no invite etc yet, andrew has the PTE booked for 15th June and hoping those extra 10 points will get us a visa even though I'm seeing hardly any invites for accountants with 75 points at the moment - just hoping people have forgot to update it and praying accountants don't come off skills list in junk and dish out a load more visa places ???

hows the packing going! X

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EEKKKKK finally my hubbie got the top marks after deciding to switch from IELTS to PTE! He for 90, 90, 90, 90 and gives us the 20 points!

my question is guys, do I go in and update the current visas we have applied for - we would now have 75 points for 189 visa and would have 75 +5, 80 points superior English for a 190 NSW!

would you put a new EOI interest or update current one or both? Here's hoping we finally will get an invite ????

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!

I thought i would jump in and say hello :) Me and my partner went to Australia on a working holiday visa in 2013 and absolutely fell in love with the country! We have been eagerly waiting all of these years and finally had enough money / experience to apply for the 189 visa under my partners job. We applied for the visa on the 1st of May so really hoping that we will be straight forward! All forms etc uploaded, application still says 'received'. Hoping we can leave UK in December.

x

• Like 3

Hello!

Welcome to Anna and great news laeveans! I am not sure about updating or staring a new EOI sorry! Would starting a new one put you further back on the waiting list or just send you straight to the top with your new improved points? I bet somebody on this forum will know!

So close for you SNS! We have our visa activation trip to Sydney planned for August, can't wait! However I have taken my foot off the brakes a little in terms of the big move as I have just gone for a promotion that would add an extra year to my contract here in S.E.Asia. I doubt I'll get it to be honest but until I know either way I can't think about Oz just yet! If I don't get it, it would be this time next year for a move for us!

: )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Mbandvb said:

We are the same, we have been waiting over 5 months. We are hoping they come through this month, want to be away before Christmas! :)

Me too. Applied on 18th March 017. Waiting since then. Hoping this wont last longer.

*corrected*

Civil Engineer

Edited by Mamanab
Mistake in date

On 9/13/2017 at 15:51, Mbandvb said:

Seems to be a bit more movement going on now so fingers crossed for us both! :)

Hey Guys,

Finally received the grant.after about 6 months of exasperating wait. I along with my wife had received grant on 15 th Sep "17.

I wish you all for the speedy grant.

**"Believe me all the waiting really worth in the end!" 

Edited by Mamanab
  • Like 1