We've Booked The Flights HELP PLEASE TO LIVE

Guest HelenaBooth

Guest HelenaBooth

Hello!

We have our flights booked with Singapore Airlines in Sept.:arghh:

We are looking at rentals for the first month in Brisbane, to book before we go also.

Is Kangaroo Point a nice place to live?, or can anyone recomend a nice area which isnt too far from the main CBD as we wont have a car for a while.:huh:

We want cheap but not somewhere which isnt great, we want to feel safe and also not too far away from everything, as we will need to look for jobs etc.

Anything you can offer would be great.

Thank you

Helena & Anthony

Guest barab

Kangaroo point area is very nice and should give you everything you need.Cant help with individual rentals but anywhere in that area should be fine.

Guest HelenaBooth
check out Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au for rentals....it's a nice area, close to the city but will be expensive and no kangaroos neither ;)

Hello!

Thank you for that

We have looked on this site, does it just tend to be that all houses are on here? We cant seem to find many 'local' estate agents

You saying about no Kangaroos made me smile

:v_SPIN:

Guest HelenaBooth

Awww brilliant

Thank you for that.:wubclub:

Just we seem to have looked that real-estate about 2000 times!

Hehe

Thanks

Helena

Guest michael_byriel

Try Michael Byriel for Elders Redcliffe

I've helped many poms settle into Australia. I can help you get a temporary place to rent while you look around to find your home to buy and have a place to leave your items arriving by ship.

I can help find your home and negotiate in your best interests.

Anyway if you have any questions dont be afraid to contact me, my services are absolutely free.

Michael

Guest HelenaBooth

I've helped many poms settle into Australia. I can help you get a temporary place to rent while you look around to find your home to buy and have a place to leave your items arriving by ship.

Anyway if you have any questions dont be afraid to contact me, my services are absolutely free.

Michael

Hello Michael.

Thanks for the post.

We are really finding it hard to fnd a rental near the CBD which isnt student rental. which we are not students, we wanna cheap studio/one bed place so we can land and move straight in for a month or so then look to buy.

We will also like to try for the first time buyers grant as OH is a citizen, but he's never been.

Do you deal with private rentals?

We wanna be in the centre of town to find jobs etc but not pay the earth.

Thanks

Helena:wubclub:

Guest sazzle76

Michael

Hi. could you possibly help please?

I have read on here that some people seem to have a problem being accepted as rental tenants because they dont have any references as owned a uk home. Is there anything we can obtain to help with this or is it just a landlord preference that they require good refs?

thanx

Guest KirstyM
Hi. could you possibly help please?

I have read on here that some people seem to have a problem being accepted as rental tenants because they dont have any references as owned a uk home. Is there anything we can obtain to help with this or is it just a landlord preference that they require good refs?

thanx

I obtained a rental without a problem when I arrived here on the Sunshine Coast. But despite having moved my business over with me and having 2 years of accounts to show them... I still had to pay a bigger chunk of my rent in advance. 2 months or so.

I gave them bank statements showing 12 months of mortgage payments, proof of income, and a bank statement showing an incredibly healthy bank balance.

I'm not sure how great things would have been if we'd not been able to give them a bit extra money as additional security! However, our realtor was extremely nice and I think he'd have helped us out a bit - he said he could see we were good tenants and definately wanted to place us.

Guest michael_byriel

I know the problem you are having. The reality is that there are not ENOUGH rental places around.

There are many good tenants that are local and have references. It is very simple and easy for the property managers to keep placing local people with good references in front of the queue.

All too often when they see someone that is from outside of town ie UK they think it's all too difficult and find it much easier to place a local tenant in.

The key to it is knowing someone that can vouch for you and having a minimum of 3 months rent paid in advance.

I have a beautiful place right on the beach about 40 minutes from the Brisbane CBD that I've just sold and will be furnished for a tenant looking for a sea change.

This property will probably rent for $AUD500 per week.

To view this beach house go to this link Elders Real Estate REDCLIFFE - Properties for Sale - detail

Contact me anytime if you have any questions

email: michael.byriel@eldersredcliffe.com.au

Guest barab
I know the problem you are having. The reality is that there are not ENOUGH rental places around.

There are many good tenants that are local and have references. It is very simple and easy for the property managers to keep placing local people with good references in front of the queue.

All too often when they see someone that is from outside of town ie UK they think it's all too difficult and find it much easier to place a local tenant in.

The key to it is knowing someone that can vouch for you and having a minimum of 3 months rent paid in advance.

I have a beautiful place right on the beach about 40 minutes from the Brisbane CBD that I've just sold and will be furnished for a tenant looking for a sea change.

This property will probably rent for $AUD500 per week.

To view this beach house go to this link Elders Real Estate REDCLIFFE - Properties for Sale - detail

Contact me anytime if you have any questions

email: michael.byriel@eldersredcliffe.com.au

I would go with this guy he looks SHMOOOVE!

Hey Michael are you available??

Guest michael_byriel

I certainly am available - 24/7 in fact

My plants are dead, Animal welfare agencies would fine me for owning pets and i have to pay someone to cook and clean.

Guest Packard Gang
Hello!

We have our flights booked with Singapore Airlines in Sept.:arghh:

We are looking at rentals for the first month in Brisbane, to book before we go also.

Is Kangaroo Point a nice place to live?, or can anyone recomend a nice area which isnt too far from the main CBD as we wont have a car for a while.:huh:

We want cheap but not somewhere which isnt great, we want to feel safe and also not too far away from everything, as we will need to look for jobs etc.

Anything you can offer would be great.

Thank you

Helena & Anthony

Hi Helena & Anthony... Give CalNGary a shout, we are staying with them in August and Cal has been an absolute gem, if she cant help, she'll find a man or woman who can !!!!

Good luck with everything

Debs

x

Hiya Deb ,im trying soo hard to find somewere for them ,im fully booked them dates but as soon as the kids are off to school on the hotel search for them ,they are really struggling and i cant see anyone stuck,,if all else fails Helena theres always my spare room,lol

Cal x

Guest crystaldeb

am thinking of going to sydney or some wher thats nice and theres work, Iam on my own and worried where to live because Iam over 30 I cant get a work visa so have emailed Embassy to find out what i can do i wnat somwhere countryside but near the main city 5 miles or so just a room on my own as I like my own space , Housing is going to be a problem for me I can see Am I mad doing this on my own i really want this so much as I beleive in the laws the England refuses to do And the men in England are rubbish he he .

Any one got any sugestions for a single women on own with 1 income to have cheap housing .:v_SPIN:

Guest HelenaBooth
Hiya Deb ,im trying soo hard to find somewere for them ,im fully booked them dates but as soon as the kids are off to school on the hotel search for them ,they are really struggling and i cant see anyone stuck,,if all else fails Helena theres always my spare room,lol

Cal x

:spinny:

Hehe J Thanks!

We are trying to book into a hotel for the first two weeks, one with a kitchenette type thing in it.

Found two cheapish ones, about £49/50 per room per night.

Astor Metropole Hotel

Or

THE RIDGE HOTEL,

(please let me know if you have heard anyting really bad about these places!)

Hopefully then when we arrive plead our case with loads of references and willingness to provide money up front.

xxxxxxx

Guest barab
am thinking of going to sydney or some wher thats nice and theres work, Iam on my own and worried where to live because Iam over 30 I cant get a work visa so have emailed Embassy to find out what i can do i wnat somwhere countryside but near the main city 5 miles or so just a room on my own as I like my own space , Housing is going to be a problem for me I can see Am I mad doing this on my own i really want this so much as I beleive in the laws the England refuses to do And the men in England are rubbish he he .

Any one got any sugestions for a single women on own with 1 income to have cheap housing .:v_SPIN:

I would stay right where you are crystaldeb,

not unless you want someone like Aldo's avatar,ordering you about the house after him.

The guys over here in NORTH BRISBANE QUEENSLAND are absolute neanderthals..

Come over for a visit first and see what you think...It aint no Spanish holiday!

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest stefandnikki

hi guys

redcliffe is lovely quiet close to everything we love it here been here 5 years now and made lots of pom friends

Archived