S190 - Do I need to live in sponsor state?

AusImm Query

The S190 state sponsored visa says that I will need to live in the state for 2 years. Is the '2 year rule' strictly adhered to? For example if I received a WA S190 visa but wanted to live in NSW would I be able to live in NSW from my arrival or in less than 2 years? An 'immigration attorney' has said that people do not adhere to the 2 year stipulation and move to the desired state on arrival. I wanted to investigate before I took the leap and suddenly found I had to live in a state that didn't suit me.

The S190 state sponsored visa says that I will need to live in the state for 2 years. Is the '2 year rule' strictly adhered to? For example if I received a WA S190 visa but wanted to live in NSW would I be able to live in NSW from my arrival or in less than 2 years? An 'immigration attorney' has said that people do not adhere to the 2 year stipulation and move to the desired state on arrival. I wanted to investigate before I took the leap and suddenly found I had to live in a state that didn't suit me.

Its a moral obligation not a legal one.

It's an anomaly that needs plugging. Quite frankly, yes, you can get away with it, but it is a moral obligation,and if you don't stick to it, what does that say about your morals? Should it be considered less or more moral than a refugee arriving on a boat as opposed to a plane? Immigration rules are there for a reason and to "defraud" those rules, begs question as to whether you have a loyalty to Australia, and a desire to be Australian, or merely to yourself