House prices dropping!?

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

G'day there,

Ive heard conflicting points of view re house prices.

On one hand I read an article on an Aussie paper websight that 99% of houses on the Sunshine Coast are unaffordable now, on the other i've been told by a family we are corresponding with the prices are dropping, by upto $80,000AUD, in some areas.

Could it be the latter is now a consequence of the former, and the propety boom bubble has burst?

If so, a great time to buy!!

Please let it be that the house prices are down. Its worrying hearing all the reports of rising prices. My sunny mansion is depleting in size rapidly. I think I'm going to have to give up the rumpus and media rooms!

Rebecca

Hi there,

Living on the Sunshine Coast myself, i can tell you that prices are dropping slightly but nowhere near the 80k figure you have quoted.

20k is more realistic figure across the board.

hope that helps

Matt

Guest ohippychick
Lets hope that's happening in WA too - or least to slow down for a while until we get there :shock:

They've stabalised here in WA. There are also quite a few houses taking a while to sell so will accept offers. I don't think they will drop too much though because of the mining.

I'm not sure if they are dropping in Melbourne. My sister and her hubby bought a two bed house in East Brunswick at the weekend. The bidding started at AU$ 470K and stopped at AU$565K. They'd been house hunting for the last 6 months and had seen prices creeping up. I'd better start putting some more pennies in my jar!

Archived