TRA certification in UK How Much does it cost????

dancing1112

Hi everyone,

We have decided not to go through a migration agent and are preparing all documents for our TRA assessment. which is correct assessing body for wall and floor tiler.

We need 210 documents certified as an estimate. 18 front page certified documents and bout 190 of them initialled and dated.

We are wondering if anyone recently has done this and could help with advising how much this would cost.

I have emailed public notaries and are now looking for a good affordable solicitor that can help us.

I have a feeling this is not going to be cheap.

Or can a migration agent offer this service for TRA preparation only?

Based on what we have researched, we would have to pay 2500 upfront plus the TRA fees to go through an agent. we have looked at this a lot and feel we can get all of what is needed for evidence etc and submit it our self.

If anyone can help advise we would really appreciate it!! i have spent days on preparation so far, its very time consuming, ut i know it will be worth it in the end.

Hi. I applied for TRA a few years ago and was rejected despite having nvq level 3. They did not recognise the qual as I did not complete an apprenticeship . Good luck on your TRA as I am told you need to complete an Australian qual over here in the U.K. To have any chance of completing the assessment. That was another £2k. I decided not to bother.

Rather larger than usual, but not unheard of. Only the documents for the skills assessment need to be certified as true copies.

A RMA can certify documents. I have had cases where clients have sent me 100+ original documents which I have scanned, printed and certified and returned after visa were granted, for no extra fee. I do not propose to make a habit of this.

Hi. I applied for TRA a few years ago and was rejected despite having nvq level 3. They did not recognise the qual as I did not complete an apprenticeship . Good luck on your TRA as I am told you need to complete an Australian qual over here in the U.K. To have any chance of completing the assessment. That was another £2k. I decided not to bother.

You don't necessarily need a UK qualifications for the TRA (although it might help), I had no qualifications in my trade as a sheet metal worker but passed the TRA to get an Australian qualification (AQF3), but if you have no UK qualifications you need to take off the course length from your work experience when you come to work points out, so I had 5 years experience with no qualifications, 4 of those years had to be used as "training" so I didn't get to use any work experience in the points system.

I did all my skills assessments here but via an agent, if I'd found this first I may have done it all by myself. They are really helpful defiantly worth giving them a call, http://www.downundercentre.com

For notarising documents, I got mine done for about £50 when i took a massive stack in, then £5-10 when i took 3 or 4 docs after forgetting them, I just went around all the solicitors in town until someone gave me a reasonable price, I had quotes that went well over a few hundred quid, there seems to be no normal pricing for it in the industry so they just charge what they feel like.

I think the whole TRA skills assessment cost about £2-2.5k including a visa agent, £600 of that was for the 1 hour skills assessment Skype interview! I think the TRA section is by far the hardest part of the Visa to get all the documents and information, but I was self employed and had no qualifications so had to send in a lot of evidence and personal statements.

Edited by Zippy

I was interested to find the exact amount I'd spent so had a look through my paperwork wondering what it cost exactly:

£767 Agent Fees

£510 First part of TRA documents

£792 skills interview

£80 Document notarisation

£2150 for the whole TRA part of the visa. So if you did it without an agent it'd be £1383.