evisitor 651

Stratocaster1959

Hello all,

evisitor 651 applied for on 7th Nov 16. Further information requested 14th Nov 16. Further information provided by email 15th Nov 16. As of today 30th Nov 16 no confirmation/reply/update received from Au immigration. Has anyone got any idess why this is taking so long to finalise ?

Thank you.

Normally when further information is requested you are given 28 days to respond. In most cases, the file will not be looked at again until after 28 days has passed, irrespective of whether you provided the further documents prior to the deadline.

Many thanks for your reply . I was instructed by my case agent to reply within 7 days. Which I did but still as of today I have heard nothing. I spoke to the uk office today and was told "maybe Hobart haven't received the further information I sent on 15th Nov 16 and maybe it wiuld be a good idea to send it again" I have also tried to enquire through several emails and also enquires using the web form in immi account but still no reply or acknowledgement . I am concerned and puzzled at the lack of contact/information I am receiving.

Many thanks for your reply . I was instructed by my case agent to reply within 7 days. Which I did but still as of today I have heard nothing. I spoke to the uk office today and was told "maybe Hobart haven't received the further information I sent on 15th Nov 16 and maybe it wiuld be a good idea to send it again" I have also tried to enquire through several emails and also enquires using the web form in immi account but still no reply or acknowledgement . I am concerned and puzzled at the lack of contact/information I am receiving.

What is a "case agent"? The immigration department employs "case officers". You might use an agent. But I have never heard of a case agent. An agent might have just told you seven days to get you moving quickly but as above it doesn't mean the case officer will look at it before 28 days.

I am in the same boat. I applied for a Visitors 600 visa for 12 months on 7th November. I have had two previous ETA visas and one previous Visitors visa 600 for 6 months all of which went through in a couple of days. For my latest visa I have also been asked to supply further info which I returned within 24 hours to Hobart both by email and again a couple of days later by attaching to my IMMI account application. This is now causing me a great deal of anxiety as I have booked a cruise, leaving the UK on 9th January. I am also mindful of the Xmas holidays approaching and also mindful of the additional workload being handled by IMMI at this time of year. I know the AU immigration sites state that holidays shouldn't be booked until a visa is granted but having had three previous visas, all processed within 24 hours I am stumped as to why this is happening. There have been no changes to my circumstances whatsoever to the three previous applications.

I really don't know how to go forward on this one. There doesn't seem to be anyway of contacting the relevant Case Officer except by email. I am however a little more settled by the above post that suggests they will not return to the application until the 28 days is up. It does seem a little bizarre though on the grounds that the additional information is there to hand and could be acted on now. Do Migration Agents have any form of 'Hot Line' to Immigration Offices that could help?

I am in the same boat. I applied for a Visitors 600 visa for 12 months on 7th November. I have had two previous ETA visas and one previous Visitors visa 600 for 6 months all of which went through in a couple of days. For my latest visa I have also been asked to supply further info which I returned within 24 hours to Hobart both by email and again a couple of days later by attaching to my IMMI account application. This is now causing me a great deal of anxiety as I have booked a cruise, leaving the UK on 9th January. I am also mindful of the Xmas holidays approaching and also mindful of the additional workload being handled by IMMI at this time of year. I know the AU immigration sites state that holidays shouldn't be booked until a visa is granted but having had three previous visas, all processed within 24 hours I am stumped as to why this is happening. There have been no changes to my circumstances whatsoever to the three previous applications.

I really don't know how to go forward on this one. There doesn't seem to be anyway of contacting the relevant Case Officer except by email. I am however a little more settled by the above post that suggests they will not return to the application until the 28 days is up. It does seem a little bizarre though on the grounds that the additional information is there to hand and could be acted on now. Do Migration Agents have any form of 'Hot Line' to Immigration Offices that could help?

How long ago were your previous visitor visa applications?

It may depend on how long you already spent in Australia already on your previous visits. They can not grant a visa that will cause you to stay in Australia for more than 12 months in the last 18 months.

How long ago were your previous visitor visa applications?

It may depend on how long you already spent in Australia already on your previous visits. They can not grant a visa that will cause you to stay in Australia for more than 12 months in the last 18 months.

Thanks for that. I don't think the time is an issue. My wife's visa came back within 2 days for 12 months with an 8503 attached. Our last visa was for 6 months which we used earlier this year so I don't think there is an 18 month restriction. You do have to take the 12 month within 18 months and within a three year window.

My character circumstances have not changed from any of the previous visas applied for.