Does ANZ Charge a fee?

SummerHQ

Yeah I asked Moneycorp this and because it's still classed as an international payment or something, ANZ can still charge, so it doesn't remove the fee. It's just removes the fee from the UK end of things.

Just trying to find out if anyone who has an ANZ account has any experience with it and might know what it cost them.

Hi

Yes they do charge a fee. But you can get around it by using a foreign exchange intermediary like Moneycorp or Hifx.

Whether you get charged a fee or not depends on how the money is transferred into your account. If the Forex company wires the money using SWIFT to your account you will get a charge, if it is transferred using Electronic Funds Transfer (via BSB and account number) it won't be considered an international payment and will be free.

Thanks, that's really helpful to know! I'll have to ask them what they use. Cheers!

Whether you get charged a fee or not depends on how the money is transferred into your account. If the Forex company wires the money using SWIFT to your account you will get a charge, if it is transferred using Electronic Funds Transfer (via BSB and account number) it won't be considered an international payment and will be free.

Thanks, that's really helpful to know! I'll have to ask them what they use. Cheers!

I used to transfer money from the UK regularly into my ANZ account using Ozforex. They move it to their Ozzie account first so its already in $$ and just gets transfered as an Ozzie transaction not international.Thus ANZ never charged me.

If ANZ has to convert it from £ to $ thats when they will charge you.

I used to transfer money from the UK regularly into my ANZ account using Ozforex. They move it to their Ozzie account first so its already in $$ and just gets transfered as an Ozzie transaction not international.Thus ANZ never charged me.

If ANZ has to convert it from £ to $ thats when they will charge you.

ANZ will still charge a fee if it's an international transfer via SWIFT even if it's in Australian Dollars. Needs to come via an Australian account to be fee free.