Visa 143 Contributory Parent VisaB

Samson

Hi,

So I'm currently going through the 457 visa process. However My ex partner has informed me shes pregnant, Shes advised its mine and shes having a baby girl, Although I wished the circumstances were different we are both happy to become parents, financially OK and apart from me not having PR / Citizenship quite settled in life. We are both in our 30's and hopefully mature enough to do it as separate parents.

So the EX is born and bread Aussie citizen, I am a UK citizen waiting for my 457 to be granted.

My question is, Once the baby is born being on a temporary visa (Me) that is dependant on my job isn't ideal, So had a quick look at immi website and wow, the visa's can get complicated for the parent visas.

So the visa I have glanced at is a Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Subclass 143) (Its just me, no other children, no partner)

So from the information I've given does anyone know the total cost and if this visa is the one I should be looking at?

Only cost I can confidently see is the Assurance Bond of 10k - Ouch...

Cheers

Sammo.

PLEASE IGNORE THE B IN THE TITLE AT THE END..

Edited by Samson
Added an extra B in the title oops

Be prepared to budget $70 000+.

The charges for parent visas are currently under review, because they are considered to be far too low.

There are considerable issues in being sponsored by a infant child.

Cheers for the heads ups, Thats an expensive way to PR - Looks like I'll go the skills way.

Hi,

So I'm currently going through the 457 visa process. However My ex partner has informed me shes pregnant, Shes advised its mine and shes having a baby girl, Although I wished the circumstances were different we are both happy to become parents, financially OK and apart from me not having PR / Citizenship quite settled in life. We are both in our 30's and hopefully mature enough to do it as separate parents.

So the EX is born and bread Aussie citizen, I am a UK citizen waiting for my 457 to be granted.

My question is, Once the baby is born being on a temporary visa (Me) that is dependant on my job isn't ideal, So had a quick look at immi website and wow, the visa's can get complicated for the parent visas.

So the visa I have glanced at is a Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Subclass 143) (Its just me, no other children, no partner)

So from the information I've given does anyone know the total cost and if this visa is the one I should be looking at?

Only cost I can confidently see is the Assurance Bond of 10k - Ouch...

Cheers

Sammo.

PLEASE IGNORE THE B IN THE TITLE AT THE END..

This visa is intended for parents of settled adult Australian residents. The 'child' in question has to sponsor you. They have to go to Centrlink and be interviewed about their ability to provide for you if necessary for two years. This process includes providing pay slips to prove their income. I doubt very much whether the 143 is the way forward for someone in your position.

This visa is intended for parents of settled adult Australian residents. The 'child' in question has to sponsor you. They have to go to Centrlink and be interviewed about their ability to provide for you if necessary for two years. This process includes providing pay slips to prove their income. I doubt very much whether the 143 is the way forward for someone in your position.

The parent visa is for any parent. If the "sponsoring" child is underage then another adult, such as the other parent, can step in on behalf of the child. I agree it is not the way forward though, but mainly due to cost.

Cheers Bungo, thats what i thought I read that the parent can sponsor. Also I read the temporary 173 visa for a newborn is $0 fee... Hmmmm... mindfield not as easy as the 457 lol.

[TABLE=class: table-100 small, width: 438]

[TR]

[TD]Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 173)

Applicant meets conditions defined in Note 19e[/TD]

[TD]19e

19k[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

19e This visa is for:

• an applicant who:
    or whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person;
    1. made a valid application for a Parent (Migrant) (Class AX) visa before 27 June 2003; and
    2. withdrew that application at the same time as making the application for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Class UT) visa;

[*]an applicant who is a contributory parent newborn child; or whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person

Confused.com

Cheers Bungo, thats what i thought I read that the parent can sponsor. Also I read the temporary 173 visa for a newborn is $0 fee... Hmmmm... mindfield not as easy as the 457 lol.

[TR]

[TD]19e

19k[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

19e This visa is for:

• an applicant who:

or whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person;

1. made a valid application for a Parent (Migrant) (Class AX) visa before 27 June 2003; and

2. withdrew that application at the same time as making the application for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Class UT) visa;

[*]an applicant who is a contributory parent newborn child; or whose application is combined, or sought to be combined, with an application made by that person

Confused.com

Good job someone else knew better!

Good luck with it all.

[TR]

[TD]19e

19k[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[TD]nil[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

19e This visa is for:

• an applicant who:

Confused.com

I don't know what contet your snippet is from or what you have missed or inadvertently cut out. The baby can sponsor with an adults help, but a parent visa will never be free. It has to be the most expensive visa going.