MORTGAGES

Guest louisey66

Mortage rates here in WA are high - 7.5 - 8% if on a variable. There is also talk of another interest rate rise in the new year by anoter 0.25%. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest dawn courage

just become a member, so reply is a bit late.

Yes interest rates are higher, but if you want a home loan, always use a no fee charging broker, they will get you better rates than the advertised ones, and a product to suit you.

Need more info? email me at dawn.courage@mortgagechoice.com.au

I arrived in May and took out my own home loan in July, so know how to do it and explain it in POMMIE language.

Dawn

Hi dawn,

We've been here 2 weeks, seen a house we love, hubby started work today and I start 5th Feb nursing so unlikely to be out of work, we're looking to put down 60% of asking price - will we get a mortgage for the rest only just getting here?

• 1 year later...
Guest Cane Family

Hi been reading your thread and i am taking it all in.

Can you please explain to me what the difference is between a Mortgage and a Home Load if any?

Regards

Steve & Adele

Guest billy braveheart

mortgage rates have went up to 8.25% last week

first time home buyers in oz get $7000 from the government towards the purchase,only if your on a permanent visa tho.also you dont pay any stamp duty on the property if value is $500,000 or less,again only if your on a permanent visa,if your on a temp visa you dont get the first time grant and you pay stamp duty no matter the cost of the property

billy

first time home buyers in oz get $7000 from the government towards the purchase,only if your on a permanent visa tho.also you dont pay any stamp duty on the property if value is $500,000 or less,again only if your on a permanent visa,if your on a temp visa you dont get the first time grant and you pay stamp duty no matter the cost of the property

billy

Is 'no stamp duty on property less than $500K an Australia wide thing or just WA?

billy

Is that the same across all states?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived