PTE Academic Tutor

JetBlast

Hello,

I have taken my PTE exam 3 times now and have been just a few marks short from 79 on the written section. All other areas are fine. No matter what I am dong I am still short.

Can anyone recommend any tutors who could assist me please? I am living near Manchester.

Thanks

Edited by JetBlast

Hello,

I have taken my PTE exam 3 times now and have been just a few marks short from 79 on the written section. All other areas are fine. No matter what I am dong I am still short.

Can anyone recommend any tutors who could assist me please? I am living near Manchester.

Thanks

Hi JetBlast

Sorry I can't be of any help regarding PTE tutors, I just wanted to say I know how frustrating it is to be only a few marks away on one section on PTE. It took my husband 4 attempts to pass superior. 3x he took the test in London and it was always the speaking part letting him down (he is native English with a clear London accent) one occasion he only scored 58, though all other sections scored highly. He was so dejected about it all. We decided in the end to try a different test centre and he went to the one in Brighton, he didn't think he had done too well but said the Brighton test centre was less busy so he could concentrate better. Anyway next morning we found he had passed, 4th time, and with a high speaking score (go figure!??). I have a feeling PTE want to get as much money out of you as they can, though I believe the Ielts are no better. It's so frustrating!!! Hopefully you will pass next time round. I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Hi JetBlast

Sorry I can't be of any help regarding PTE tutors, I just wanted to say I know how frustrating it is to be only a few marks away on one section on PTE. It took my husband 4 attempts to pass superior. 3x he took the test in London and it was always the speaking part letting him down (he is native English with a clear London accent) one occasion he only scored 58, though all other sections scored highly. He was so dejected about it all. We decided in the end to try a different test centre and he went to the one in Brighton, he didn't think he had done too well but said the Brighton test centre was less busy so he could concentrate better. Anyway next morning we found he had passed, 4th time, and with a high speaking score (go figure!??). I have a feeling PTE want to get as much money out of you as they can, though I believe the Ielts are no better. It's so frustrating!!! Hopefully you will pass next time round. I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Thanks for the support. I just feel like giving up at the moment its so frustrating!

Thanks for the support. I just feel like giving up at the moment its so frustrating!

No point giving up, you have your ACS assessment already done!!

As native speakers these exams can be tricky - only advice I have is that I took a few days off work and went to the local library to study to make sure I passed. Plenty of example papers, etc. are available so make sure you do as much preparation as you can and make the next sitting your last sitting!

Good luck!

Don't give up. Find away forward. I fluffed my IELTS 3 times. It's difficult but where there is a will there is a way. How many point you got?

I can get 60 points. 20 of those are from the English.

I have even had an English teach assist me but the marks are staying about the same.

I can get 60 points. 20 of those are from the English.

I have even had an English teach assist me but the marks are staying about the same.

how old are you? Have you got s partner? What is your occupation?how many years experience have you got? And are you going state sponsored?

I am 25

Nope

Im migrating under a network engineer.

9 years experience. But they only count 7 as the first 2 years I was under 18. (started work at 16)

No going for the 189 visa.

My qualifications (CCNP) are from December 2015 so have to wait a few years to claim points from that.

Thanks

Edited by JetBlast

• 1 month later...

Just say we feel your pain. Oh has taken Pte 3 times and failed speaking all times whilst scoring fine in the other 3 sections. A week ago he tried ielts for the first time. We are awaiting on the results though he felt it went well. Time will tell. He also went to the London test centre did not think about going to another one, though could help if quieter esp for speaking.