457 and work experience

JoanneV

Hi I was wondering if someone could clarify a question for me.

I qualified last month as an Operating Department Practitioner in the UK (ODP) and have an interview for a private hospital in australia for the role of anaesthetic technician with 457 sponsorship. Before proceeding further I was wondering if there is actually a minimum work experience requirement for the 457 visa? I don't want to be offered a job and then fall at the last hurdle when I apply for the 457

Thanks

I qualified last month as an Operating Department Practitioner in the UK (ODP) and have an interview for a private hospital in australia for the role of anaesthetic technician with 457 sponsorship. Before proceeding further I was wondering if there is actually a minimum work experience requirement for the 457 visa? I don't want to be offered a job and then fall at the last hurdle when I apply for the 457

Thanks

You would be expected to have experience, do you have any?

I qualified last month as an Operating Department Practitioner in the UK (ODP) and have an interview for a private hospital in australia for the role of anaesthetic technician with 457 sponsorship. Before proceeding further I was wondering if there is actually a minimum work experience requirement for the 457 visa?

It all depends on the occupation being nominated and the skill requirement.

For the occupation of anesthetic technician, ANZSCO states that: "In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification".

As such it will depend on the specif requirements of the State or Territory that you will be undertaking your role.