Which visa for migration?

rose4rose

Hi Friends

First of all thanks to the forum for all the help it provided when I migrated to Australia in 2013.

I came here on class 189 Visa. 3 years passed and I have no idea what all changed during this period.

Now my brother-in-law is planning to migrate to Australia. I need some direction on which visa to apply for him.

Here are his details in a nutshell.

Qualification:- Graduate in mechanical engineering.Passed out in 2011.

He has some experience in Mechanical Engineering but majority wise he did his family business.

My question is apart from skilled independent visa is there any other visa he can apply to get a PR here? Also me and his sister being already permanent residents of Australia will in any form benefit him to get a visa?

Looking forward to advices.

Cheers

Rose

189 is still at the top of the chain.i suggest he gets his skills assessment completed, you say he worked the majority in his own business was that not in engineering ?. check what the minimum experience is required post degree for a positive outcome,

you can get enough points from age and superior English without any work experience but obviously you need to get your degree assessed by engineer australia which does not require work experience

I think engineering and accounting are the only two professions on the SOL list that do not require experience, I think all others do.

Your brother might be in a good position for a 189.

Best of luck

Ferrets

Archived