Moving back pregnant

Sabine

Hello all,

My husband (british) and I (german) have lived in australia for the last 8 years and are about to move back to the UK next year. Does anyone know if I would be pregnant flying over if it would be a problem with the healthcare system in england to go to hospital and deliver my baby although I havent worked there?

Would I still be able to get the same care?

Regards

Sabine

I know its not the most credible source ever.... but I've just seen this and thought I'd put it your way anyway just in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3832213/Pregnant-women-forced-PASSPORTS-giving-birth-hospitals-clampdown-health-tourism.html

This has happened in some hospitals for years.

When my wife went for her scan we were sent off into a little room and had to provide a copy of her passport and visa, and proof of how long she had lived in the U.K. before they would progress.

Then 6 months later she gave birth - hours after the birth they came around again to get proof of her right to free treatment.

2 weeks later back in the same hospital as my daughter had a bloody infection - and again the same questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived