190 NT advise

Hello!

i am looking for some insight.....

I have spoken with a migration agent in th UK who has advised subclass 190 for NT, I am also eligible for. 190/489 SA for job 141111.

however, I don't want to be in NT from previous experience it is not for me a suitable place to move my family to. So the agent has advised that I only have to 'stamp my passport' there! This doesn't seem right to me as I would be entering on a state sponsored visa?

Any advise please?

Thanks!

Other posters on here typically go for the 190 visa class and then they get offered the 489 by immigration instead and refused the 190 state sponsorship by NT. Which does tie them to working in the territory for a certain period of time.

I would go for state sponsorship in South Australia myself if you are ultra not keen on living in NT!

Make sure your agent is MARA registered, the advice that you have received sounds a touch unprofessional.

last year i contacted the NT government in regards to a 190 visa. i had already spent over one year in darwin working and had friends there etc. they told me they would not issue me with a 190 visa unless i had spent 2 years there or was currently residing there. not sure how true this is as i know they give out alot of false info. bear in mind as srh has said they will probably offer you 489 as it ties you to the state

Other posters on here typically go for the 190 visa class and then they get offered the 489 by immigration instead and refused the 190 state sponsorship by NT. Which does tie them to working in the territory for a certain period of time.

I would go for state sponsorship in South Australia myself if you are ultra not keen on living in NT!

Make sure your agent is MARA registered, the advice that you have received sounds a touch unprofessional.

Thanks for such a quick reply! It was a registered agency and that's what threw me!

This whole initial process is mind boggling as different information from every base I touch with ?

Thanks though!!

last year i contacted the NT government in regards to a 190 visa. i had already spent over one year in darwin working and had friends there etc. they told me they would not issue me with a 190 visa unless i had spent 2 years there or was currently residing there. not sure how true this is as i know they give out alot of false info. bear in mind as srh has said they will probably offer you 489 as it ties you to the state

Thank so much

Hello!

i am looking for some insight.....

I have spoken with a migration agent in th UK who has advised subclass 190 for NT, I am also eligible for. 190/489 SA for job 141111.

however, I don't want to be in NT from previous experience it is not for me a suitable place to move my family to. So the agent has advised that I only have to 'stamp my passport' there! This doesn't seem right to me as I would be entering on a state sponsored visa?

Any advise please?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

I used Mara agent from NT and after an initial assessment he told me that I might not succeed applying for visa 190 under HR adviser. I then went with another mara agent who also advised I could be eligible for visa 190, and yes I paid for agents assessment. Would be very interesting to see if you decide to go ahead with NT nomination, as I'm currently waiting for my Vetassess assessment then I will go ahead with nomination. Good luck.

Hi Sarah,

I used Mara agent from NT and after an initial assessment he told me that I might not succeed applying for visa 190 under HR adviser. I then went with another mara agent who also advised I could be eligible for visa 190, and yes I paid for agents assessment. Would be very interesting to see if you decide to go ahead with NT nomination, as I'm currently waiting for my Vetassess assessment then I will go ahead with nomination. Good luck.

Ah so many different informations eh! But are you hoping to reside in NT? I just don't feel I can go

for that option of state sponsorship if I don't want to live in that area! It's all such a minefield! Did you do the application yourself or use an agent?

NT often refuses to sponsor a 190 but will instead agree to a 489 visa for exactly this reason - people take them up on sponsorship and never move to the state.

I've seen several posts from migration agents stating that it's only a matter of time before people have issues if they don't live up to their commitment made for state sponsorship.

Ah so many different informations eh! But are you hoping to reside in NT? I just don't feel I can go

for that option of state sponsorship if I don't want to live in that area! It's all such a minefield! Did you do the application yourself or use an agent?

Hi,

I'm currently residing in Vietnam therefore NT looks, well a lot more developed and stable in terms of living for me. So yea I would love to migrate to Darwin. I initially tried to use agent for all steps but due to finances, I went ahead and applied for Vetassess myself. I'm currently still waiting for my skill assessment to be completed.

NT often refuses to sponsor a 190 but will instead agree to a 489 visa for exactly this reason - people take them up on sponsorship and never move to the state.

I've seen several posts from migration agents stating that it's only a matter of time before people have issues if they don't live up to their commitment made for state sponsorship.

Hi Maggie,

I think 489 visa is fine right? The only disadvantages are 1) is temporary; 2) you can't get Medicare and Centerlink benefits while on it. I'm not concerned about point 1 because on whichever visa you must have a job anyway, however I saw a lot of employers advertise their jobs for Australians and PR holders only, does that mean 489 visa holders can't apply for those job? As for point 2, realistically how beneficial is Medicare? Can I supplement that with private insurance? How expensive would the insurance be for me and my family of 3, 2 kids under 10 and a wife.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...