Why is it taking so long for my whv decision?

caolin1991

I applied over a month ago. 2 weeks ago I was asked to provide declarations as I have a criminal record (Nothing serious 2 public order offences). I've still yet to get a decision and am really worried that I will be rejected. Does anyone have any information that might help? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unregistered

I'm in a similar situation. Had my WHV application in since July. Have an 11 year old criminal record, so was asked to provide a UK police certificate, which showed I had a conviction, but was considered 'stepped down' by the UK police. Because it showed as 'stepped down' and not the actual conviction. I had to get another SAR Request from my local police to confirm my conviction. That was sent along with a personal statement/account of what happened on the 13th September. My immigration account has said "assessment in progress" for a month now. My entire life is on hold at the moment waiting for this decision and I'm getting pretty frustrated!

• 3 months later...
Guest Unregistered

I am also in the same situation. Submitted application on 6th January. Received a response on 17th January asking for more information and a statement which I did. It has been 9 days since I sent this and it is still just saying currently being assessed!

How long did you have to wait in toatal? Unfortunately I have made the mistake of already booking my flights and supposed to be leaving on 5th February in 9 days!

I am also in the same situation. Submitted application on 6th January. Received a response on 17th January asking for more information and a statement which I did. It has been 9 days since I sent this and it is still just saying currently being assessed!

How long did you have to wait in toatal? Unfortunately I have made the mistake of already booking my flights and supposed to be leaving on 5th February in 9 days!

Judging by what I have seen 9 days is being VERY optimistic.Some people have waited several .months.

Archived