Multiple Parent Sponsorships?

purpleal

We have lodged a CPV 143 visa for my mother, which has been acknowledged and first VAC paid for.

Now, having a look at that new temporary parent visa which has been announced, it seems that there will be no balance of family test applied to this. We have never been able to entertain the thought of sponsoring my husband's mother to come here as she fails the balance of family test - my husband here and two siblings in the UK and USA. However, if no BOF test is applied, we would happily sponsor her to come over - are we able to sponsor more than one parent on parent visa's? Financially looking after them both wouldn't be a problem and they would both live with us. (no In-law jokes please - we all get on really well!)

Thanks!

Hi Purpleal -

In my view it's too early to make any judgments based on this new proposed visa - the details are simply not yet available and still very much undecided about this new visa. I'd certainly keep a close eye on this as things develop, but it may be too early to abandon the sc143 application based on aspirational ideas that have been floated for this new proposed visa.

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies.

We definitely won't be abandoning the CPV application for my mother - she most definitely wants the security of a permanent visa. My question was more in relation to being able to sponsor more than one parent. IE, my mother get's granted the 143 with myself as the sponsor and my husband the financial assurer. If this new temporary visa goes ahead (let's assume with no BOF requirements) would my husband be able to sponsor his mother and be her financial assurer despite also being the financial assurer of my mother?

Is there a limit as to how many parents you can sponsor and be a financial assurer of?

Thanks,

Adrienne

Be careful what you wish for. The cost of providing private health cover for them for years (without the private health insurance rebate) could prove very expensive. There will also be an Assurance of Support. Parents will not be eligible for aged care. Have a look at the cost of so-called private aged care when there is no government assistance.

A reminder to forum members - this section is for people to ask migration agents a question. If you would like to discuss migration topics, please use the general migration section of the forum.

Thanks - I was hoping one of the agents could let me know if it was possible to sponsor more than one parent ie my mother AND my mother-in-law. I wasn't sure if there is a limit as to how many people you are able sponsor/offer to be financial assurer.

Short answers: 1. No limitation on number of sponsorships can be made, or No of people can be sponsored, but there will be sponsorship obligation requirement test. 2. You can not sponsor in-laws.

Thanks - I was hoping one of the agents could let me know if it was possible to sponsor more than one parent ie my mother AND my mother-in-law. I wasn't sure if there is a limit as to how many people you are able sponsor/offer to be financial assurer.

Short answers: 1. No limitation on number of sponsorships can be made, or No of people can be sponsored, but there will be sponsorship obligation requirement test. 2. You can not sponsor in-laws.

Thanks for your reply. I will sponsor my mother and my husband would sponsor his mother so we would be ok in that regard. Can my husband act as financial assurer for both my mother AND his mother?

With thanks!

1) There will be income test on him. 2) One can only give AOS to not more then 2 adults at any one time. 3) Since there is no regulation in relation to the new visa as yet, will have to wait and see if this still correct or current.

Thanks for your reply. I will sponsor my mother and my husband would sponsor his mother so we would be ok in that regard. Can my husband act as financial assurer for both my mother AND his mother?

With thanks!