Was unsure whether to use an agent or not but have bit the bullet and used an agent

krisjen01

Well i had been in two minds as to whether we should use an agent or not, but have decided to go for it and have chosen Migrate Me, has anyone used these before?

We have sent them all the documents to apply for the skills assessment so just waiting for that to be done now.

Dont know why im so untrusting but always scared an agent may just take the money and not actually do anything but have decided we really needed to use an agent.

Hi, I haven't personally used them I used a different agent, I was unsure at first, however due to the cost of the visa's I didn't want to risk missing any information which could delay longer, I looked into No boarders but there fee was the same price as the visa! so I changed and went with a different company. I think your in safe hands. Good luck with the visa.

Reality check then : Agents will assist you through the myriad of things involved and lead the way but they will not do the legwork. That will all be down to you

We have a lot of experience going through Visa applications previously and my brother did it on his own but we decided to use an agent. The reason was mainly so we have a second pair of eyes guiding us rather than expecting the agent to do everything. It was good in a way we set that expectation because all agents just do that : provide guidance

They will be a God send if you have a complicated case and securing information is not straightforward but if you have an easy case with no issues then you may feel it's too high a price to pay. Ours was a cake walk, no questions, no gaps, nothing but we still wanted the safety net of an agent checking and re-checking things every step of the way.

And, also be ready for the agent themselves to slip up, it isnt uncommon and many on here can give good examples where it was their proactive questioning that made the agent think again!!!

It's all down to individual circumstances and complexity but one thing's for sure, you have do still do most of the work to be successful

All the best!

KnK

Id like to know what sort of price mark people pay for agent services ?

I was quoted 1800 today for our application, which I think is absurd if I'm honest, the whole process is expensive enough without a fee like that IMO.

Edited by Lever40

Id like to know what sort of price mark people pay for agent services ?

I was quoted 1800 today for our application, which I think is absurd if I'm honest, the whole process is expensive enough without a fee like that IMO.

That sounds about right to me... ours was just around 2000 paid in installments.... worth every penny if they know their stuff and it's a stressful enough process as it is.

Good luck!

I disagree about the agent not pushing you. The agent we used, Thames Migration was brilliant. I started everything off and for £700 they finished the application from Vetassess onwards. Our agent did push me as we appointed them due to me getting very busy with work and not having time for the submissions. Mielan who is LLP trained pushed enough to keep me motivated and was always available on the phone.

Personally if you can afford an agent then a good one is worth the investment.

S