Recommendations for Australian Banks

Guest tahe49

Guest tahe49

Need to open an Australian bank account and I just assume they all do the same sort of thing?

Does anyone have any recommedations or do I just to "eenie, meanie, mynie moe"

Thanks

Guest JoanneHattersley

There are loads of threads in relation to this but I am a BANKWEST convert! They have great accounts, no charges and if I dont touch my savings foir a year I get 9% interest!

I can live with that!

Need to open an Australian bank account and I just assume they all do the same sort of thing?

Does anyone have any recommedations or do I just to "eenie, meanie, mynie moe"

Thanks

Hi

Eenie,meanie,mynie,moe sounds good, but have a peek a boo at

Banks.com.au - Australian Banking, Finance and Investments first as you can compare banks on this site

good luck

stuju (with westpac & anz & reckon westpac are better)

Guest mandy1

Hi

We're with Westpac and they are fine.We Just have a basic internet/phone based account with debit cards & a cheque book

Mandy x

Guest cj321

Has anyone tried Credit Unions, similar to banks (cheque accounts, savings, loans and internet etc.) but usually cheaper especially for us pensioners. We are with Police & Nurses in Perth but have also heard others are as cheap. Have also heard that Bendigo Bank and BankWest are OK too.

Chris

Guest tahe49
Its the charges that kill ya with Ozzy banks. Be careful when you choose!

Thanks everyone but what sort of charges do you mean Johatts?

Guest waliam

I am looking at banks as well. How are HSBC in Gold coast as I have already an account with them here?

Guest Matt & Sarah

We signed up with Westpac, with a current account and internet/phone savings one. We did the application online, which was really quick and easy. They opened the account and sent the details in just a few days and we've since sent a transfer, phoned and set up the internet banking and checked that the money is in the accounts.

Good so far.

Guest beermeister

Yes, it's the bank charges in Oz that are a bloody nuisance - account keeping fees (a monthly fee just to be lucky enough to be their customer), auto-teller fees, cheque fees, and the list goes on......

Archived