Recent telephone nurse interview

Lisababy

Hi everyone,

Just a little bit of a background, my wife and I have a permanent 189 visa status and I am the main visa applicant being a mental health nurse with a recent degree top up and AHPRA granted in principle with no restrictions. We activated this in December last year and ready to move with April pencilled pencilled in as a rough time. I have been applying for quite a few jobs and one came up in Townsville in the Acute Care Team and I was offered an interview which was 5am Tuesday morning. I felt this went 'OK' and although this was over the phone I was still quite nervous... even in my pyjamas! The interview panel consisted of 4 people with 6 questions in total, 4 scenarios, 1 conflict resolution and 1 about self care (looking after yourself, reflection, supervision etc) fairly straightforward although one of the questions threw me a little bit about the Mental Health Act.

I had an email off the lady who interviewed me emailed me to say that the panel have 'progressed my application' and confirmed my references email addresses, and my visa status. Does anyone know what this means as I wasn't expecting contact so quickly (2 days later). She said after the interview that that were interviewing for 2 days and that I should expect some contact after about 1 week. Has anyone else had anything like this that has led to any job offer as I am hoping that this is a good sign.

Thanks,

Tom

Not sure if it is the same in nursing but when I have been involved in recruitment in Aus. we contact the referees and check visa status for all of the individuals that will be on the order of merit. We then compile the full report for sign off at a higher level.

Good luck with it!

Not sure if it is the same in nursing but when I have been involved in recruitment in Aus. we contact the referees and check visa status for all of the individuals that will be on the order of merit. We then compile the full report for sign off at a higher level.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for the reply, hopefully they offer a job at the end of it!

Yup. I had same. Then got email asking for a "good time to talk" was offered the job over phone. I start on Monday lol

Someone else had said the same thing on one of the Facebook groups. So just sitting tight like a nervous excited kid

• 2 weeks later...

I work for an Aus agency finding UK/Irish nurses jobs in Australia. From my experience this would be standard procedure after interview. The interview clearly went well otherwise they wouldn't approach your referees, I imagine once they get positive references back (Which im sure they will) you would likely receive a formal job offer. This can take a little while but I wouldn't worry as different hospitals process at different speeds. Good luck :)