What is the maximum BMI required to pass medical for PR?

Judan

A little red faced to ask....but we are over on a temporary 457 and seriously thinking about PR, husband wants to apply asap (as I do). However,it will take me a good while to get to maximum healthy BMI of 25......of course this is my long term aim regardless of PR or not. Wondering if anyone passed medical Who is/was overweight with no other underlying health issues( and yes I completely get it that if I don't shift the weight I put on when my parents died then I am risking my health,and would be a potential strain on health care resources). It is not that I want to avoid losing weight,it is just I want to delay PR application until I have a good chance of passing the medical. Thanks in advance.

Thank you NicF, I shall let Hb go ahead then when he wishes.....just got to wait until the end of the probation period in Jan,by which time(minus the Xmas gain...which should not be as bad over here) In like easliy have lost a couple of stone!(with a few more left to go).

Thank you NicF, I shall let Hb go ahead then when he wishes.....just got to wait until the end of the probation period in Jan,by which time(minus the Xmas gain...which should not be as bad over here) In like easliy have lost a couple of stone!(with a few more left to go).

Wishing you the best of luck with it. I've been seriously overweight since I had to take a year off exercise following my spinal op, and I have got quite depressed about it - which of course means I haven't had the oomph to do anything about it! It's not an easy journey but it will be well worth it.

Get yourself a fitbit! Fantastic motivation!

Also, get yourself involved in a social healthy activity. Great way to meet people and lose weight at the same time.

My partner lost 17kgs in 3 months...he joined a swimming club and swims x3 per week and has made new friends. He also cycles to and from work and he cut out a lot of carbs and ditched alcohol down to bare minimum.

Good luck.

Hi Platinum,I have already asked Father Christmas for a Fitbit,and yes once my swim suit comes with the shipping (now at port in Brisbane) I am to take my self to aqua aerobics.....and ditched the wine a week today. Your partner did really well!